2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with PA 3" BL

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 PM
tianniccari
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with PA 3" BL

I installed the 3" PA BL just to realize i forgot to remove the shift linkage. I then removed it and welded in the extra piece. Only problem being it doesnt fit? It's lined up 100% The part that goes by the firewall is in, the park that connects underneath to the torque shaft arm (I BELIEVE) is 3" too long now. What the heck did I do wrong besides not remove the shift linkage the first time!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Pics please? Can you cut/weld the part that is too long, to make it the right length?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:52 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

I will definitely take pics today when I get home from work. I noticed an issue when I thought I was done and went to start the truck only to find it wouldn't start and it seemed as if the gear shift was jammed into gear and wouldn't budge. I got under the truck and removed the shift linkage rod and messed around a little and seemed to have free'd it up. I am able to get under the truck and put it in park and the truck starts now. I cut and welded the shift linkage rod and it's about 2 inches too long now. In the instructions it does say something about a pivot arm assembly bracket or something but it's for the 2002 models (although the kit says 99-01 rams) I think if I had that bracket it would line up right but at the same time I'm worried I bent something pretty bad that I shouldn't have. Although im not entirely sure. The locking bolt (thing) at the end of the shift linkage rod is rusted to hell so the spring won't compress to adjust. If the spring could compress it would definitely fit although what else would that mess with? I'm probably calling the dealership and getting a new linkage rod as well.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

I emailed PA about it and gave the guy the rundown. He said it sounds like I need the drop down bracket for the shift linkage rod to attach to. The only thing that concerns me is it says for 2002 models in the instructions. The kit is made for 99-01 and I have an 01. Why would I need a bracket for the 2002? Have you or anybody ever heard of this?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

Both pics were taken straight from the instructions from PA for the lift. The top one is the "Pivot Shaft Support Arm" which I apparently need a bracket to make it drop lower. In the second picture is about where my actual shift linkage sits at the arrow. Its slightly lower so I do kind of agree I may need the bracket. Im just concerned because I would think I would see more people having this issue possibly.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

Sorry for the confusion. Apparently the 60013 and 60063 both fit my truck. The 60063 comes with the Pivot arm bracket and the 60013 does not. I may just need the bracket and all will be good. Who knows?? I guess only time will tell. He is sending the bracket free of charge!

Old 04-20-2015, 07:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Well that's awfully nice of him. Nice to see customer service isn't dead.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

Yeah when i went to buy it apparently both kits fit my truck except neither asked if it was manual or automatic. 60013 is for 2001 manual transmission and 60063 is for 2001 sport with automatic transmission. I screwed up apparently lol. 4-5 days and I should be golden!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So you didn't read the directions very well...

Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 PM
tianniccari
Rookie

Well I at least attempted to read them. I'm an air conditioning guy, not an auto mechanic! lol I'm still learning