2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V8 exhaust manifold studs/bolts

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 03:47 AM
slice0flime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 exhaust manifold studs/bolts

Hey guys, looking for a complete set of studs/bolts to fit V8 exhaust manifolds but all I can find are the kits made to fit aftermarket headers.

Anyone know where I can pick these up?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Any good parts store should have them. Are you going with all studs?

Old 05-03-2015, 11:15 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 298 Likes on 282 Posts

It would be best to check with the manufacturer of your headers, as you will likely have to use a mix of studs and header bolts. Depending upon how the header tubes run, some are very tight and may not allow the use of studs/nuts. I believe the thread size is 5/16". I found most of the over the counter header bolts from the popular local auto parts stores were too short for my heavy flanged headers and thick gaskets.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

A bolt/stud has the same diameter so it shouldn't make a difference. Some of the holes in the head go right into the water jacket so studs will be needed there. All studs may make it harder to install headers due to clearance issues. You have to go to a real parts store that has different length studs. They are usually found in the hardware bins in plastic packages. Most stores today have them behind the counter because people tent to "pocket" small items. Get a measurement of what you are going to need prior to going so you know what to look for.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:52 AM
slice0flime
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a used motor and it came with the stock exhaust manifolds but none of the bolts or studs which is why I was wondering if there was a complete kit that I could pick up to know I got the right parts the first time.

Quick Reply: V8 exhaust manifold studs/bolts