2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bds dual steering stabilizer issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:10 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bds dual steering stabilizer issue

I just put a dual stabilizer on my 97 4x4 bds with Fox shox.
There is a bracket that mounts to the front axel right next to the pumpkin on the passenger side. And about 7 inches further towards the passenger side there is a collar(thicker part of the axel) and this bracket mounts between there and then drops down and forward in front of the drag link to provide mounting points for the shocks.
The instructions say the driver side mount is to be put on the tie rod adjustment sleeve. No problems. And the passenger side mount is on the tie rod(coming down from the pitman arm) on the back side just before the ball joint that connects the drag link. The instructions say measure 20 inches from eye hole to eye hole.
Ok so heres the problem. The passenger side doesn't allow for 20 inches. Only 17 max. So when I turn hard left the passenger side stabilizer binds. I tried unbolting the mounting bracket and moving it to the other side of the ball joint but it doesn't line up because it curves back.
Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Bds dual steering stabilizer issue