2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

isv this t case saveable? Doubt trans is

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 10:16 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default isv this t case saveable? Doubt trans is

Name:  IMG_20150722_205232_1.jpg
Views: 3055
Size:  202.6 KB
I made a post the other day about beingt in s accident & no start.I resolved that but I couldnt get it in gear after looking @ linkage I noticed that the r case had came out & broke the housing where it connects to the trans.I'm just wondering if I can just replace the transmission and this will bolt back up the transfer case that is I just don't know if we're sad that I have Hornet is serviceable engage the splines Were damaged.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Khris1994
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default isv this t case saveable? Doubt trans is

If the tcase itself is undamaged it should be fine. Can you post a picture of the input shaft? It's hard to tell

Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's likely fine, see that sort of thing a lot in the heavier trucks. In fact the trans probably only needs the OD/tail housing replaced and it'll be just fine as well, that's normally all we do to remedy the problem. Don't even have to unbolt the trans from the engine or disconnect any lines. Just that speed sensor, the mount, and the 7 bolts around the tail housing. Take the OD clutches out, take the two snap rings under that out, then take the two bolt cover off on top (uses T25 Torx and usually needs a little heat under the plate to release the corrosion on the threads). Under that cover is a snap ring, spread that guy and the OD guts should come right out. If you can't find a housing let me know, I can have one drop shipped to you from one of my supplier's warehouses close to you.

Quick Reply: isv this t case saveable? Doubt trans is