2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New intake help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:00 PM
jrox44
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New intake help

Okay so I'm thinking this intake

http://www.protuninglab.com/94doram1594r1.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medi um=adwords&id=86425747346

but I'm worried about the big fat hose that plugs into my current intake. I beleive it's for the valve cover breather. I see a spots to plug it in but they look way too small and I think they will be out of reach?. Are these universal or do they make a exact fit. Do I need a longer hose or can I just get one of those tiny filters k&n looking filter and replace the crank case breather with it right on top of the valve cover?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just FYI, the stock cold air intake system works just as well as the one you're looking at and seals against the throttle body without leaking. The after market ones don't seal very well and leak unfiltered air at the throttle body seal due to poor lazy engineering.

for the breather hose I had to drill a hole in the tube and thread the fitting in with some adhesive sealant.

Quick Reply: New intake help