2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

adding keyless entry on my 99 1500

Old 08-26-2015, 06:02 PM
airplane-1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding keyless entry on my 99 1500

I am new here but you already know this lol. I know this has been beaten to death and I am sorry but I will beat it one more time if its ok. I have a 99 ram with power windows and locks. I want to add keyless entry to it though it did not come with it. I read as many posts as I can find and may be brain dead but got myself confused. Can some one please and I ask nicely please go through the process starting with the part numbers of the parts I am going to need and tell me basically what the process is. even just what part #s I need. I went to my dealer and they said there are no part #s specific to a 99 and gave me a # for 96-98 and 2001-2005 or some thing like that, I do not have my info in front of me.

Thanks ahead of time!

Old 08-27-2015, 02:35 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor and just go get an aftermarket alarm/keyless installed.

I looked into it for my 98, and basically in 98 the keyless was part of the timer module, and you either have the uplevel version with keyless, or like me you have the dumb one. I believe the harness itself may be different as I believe there are a different number of wires going to the connector for the uplevel version.

So I quit looking. It seems it would be much easier to just go aftermarket.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:56 AM
airplane-1

thanks the reply, I was hoping to make it original mopar parts keyless entry but I guess I cant. Oh well I asked and thought some one on here did it and it worked. I will start looking for a after market but from what I have seen pop up on the computer when I was searching for a mopar keyless entry I did not like the transmitters. they were ugly. I know that's sounds stupid but that's the way I am.

Thanks

Old 08-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I believe there where two different types available depending on year, The ones that came from the factory and the ones that the dealer installed. You may want to check this out, Keyless entry via smartphone.
https://www.viper.com/Car/KeylessEntry/

Old 08-30-2015, 06:27 PM
airplane-1

Thanks Moparite for the info on the Viper keyless entry's, I checked them out. I can get what I need and wanted for around 40-50 bucks and every thing needed included.

I am oredering a Viper 211hv from amazon for 48 bucks or I can go on ebay and get a buy it now price for the 211hv for 39 bucks. I trust amazon a little better because there return policy is much better than ebay and they pay shipping back to them if there is a problem.

I will post how it goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: adding keyless entry on my 99 1500