2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Ram2500 fuel relay issue or no..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Adam411
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Ram2500 fuel relay issue or no..?

About six months ago I installed a fass fuel pump, not the big one, just the one that is a lil better than stock. It's the one that sits just under the fuel water separator, or just above the starter on the frame. I didn't remove the intank stock pump, it was still working fine. New vp44 too. I replaced all the pumps because I THOUGHT I had a fuel pump problem!!! The problem was the truck would not start up after it was warm, I would simply release pressure in the fuel water separator, unscrew the cap enough to see fuel pouring out, screw down cap tight, then close the bleeder, and it starts every time. It has never died on me. Until yesterday that is. I hit a puddle of water at high speed, 20min later it died, towed it home. So now here's where I'm at, when i bump the starter the side frame pump by Fass isn't turning on. No noise at all, the intank pump is working cuz a small amount of fuel is making it to the water separator, I don't know where to start with this. I don't want I'm afraid of ruining my VP, it was pretty expensive. Any help is appreciated. Also, should I delete the intank pump..?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

May want to post in the diesel section as well..... Not many of us here have the oil burner.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Bwally1996
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disconnect the recently added fuel pump, have someone turn the key and listen for your tank pump, if it comes on the problem lies somewhere with the new pump, how is the new pump wired in? Have you tried giving it its own personal relay? How about direct wiring it just to test with a relay and toggle switch

Quick Reply: 2001 Ram2500 fuel relay issue or no..?