2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 ram starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM
eazye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 ram starting issues

hey guys I have a 99 1500 5.9 magnum. for a while now I had to cycle my key twice to start my truck if it sat for a while now lately it seems when moisture is involved it wont start I changed cap and rotor it started . next day no start checked fuel pressure first cycle hit 10 psi and fell no fire second cycle 45 psi fired up and stayed steady now lately seems to start fine with second cycle. no idiot light on cluster either. any thoughts I do have a new pump on order.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
tbone360
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eazye
hey guys I have a 99 1500 5.9 magnum. for a while now I had to cycle my key twice to start my truck if it sat for a while now lately it seems when moisture is involved it wont start I changed cap and rotor it started . next day no start checked fuel pressure first cycle hit 10 psi and fell no fire second cycle 45 psi fired up and stayed steady now lately seems to start fine with second cycle. no idiot light on cluster either. any thoughts I do have a new pump on order.
I had the same problem. Got so bad I had to turn the key on and off three to four timesto get the truck to start. Changed the fuel pump now it starts instantly.

Quick Reply: 99 ram starting issues