2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacemenet seat cushions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 05:14 PM
husbandhas97dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacemenet seat cushions

I am trying to find replacement cushions for my husband's 1997 dodge for a Christmas gift and want it to be a surprise. I called the dealership and they don't sell the cushions anymore. Tried searching online, but am not having any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Nate_rs
Professional

Originally Posted by husbandhas97dodge
I am trying to find replacement cushions for my husband's 1997 dodge for a Christmas gift and want it to be a surprise. I called the dealership and they don't sell the cushions anymore. Tried searching online, but am not having any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
I need one for my drivers seat because all the wires that hold the cushion up broke and the seat sags real bad. Only thing I know to do is head to the junkyard and grab a good condition seat out of another Ram.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:45 PM
husbandhas97dodge

I thought about a junkyard, but all the friends I asked said it was probably a long shot... I guess I'll have to try that!

Old 12-11-2015, 06:24 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_rs
I need one for my drivers seat because all the wires that hold the cushion up broke and the seat sags real bad.
Getcha some suitable springs and some tie wire from the hardware store and you can fix the thing up for cheap in less than an hour. When I did it, I put a very thin piece of plywood (essentially paneling) between the wire and foam to prevent erosion of the foam. Works great.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:30 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by husbandhas97dodge
I am trying to find replacement cushions for my husband's 1997 dodge for a Christmas gift and want it to be a surprise.
Try eBay. There are always several sellers with the foam itself, and usually a few with complete cushions. I don't know if he's still around, but there used to be a seller there who'd rebuild the things for a pretty reasonable price.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Nate_rs
Professional

Just checked eBay and found a couple but they were $100+ used and stained so I'm gonna be going to my local junkyard where I can get a seat I like for $30

Old 12-12-2015, 01:16 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe craigslist? Someone parting out there ram might be able to help you.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:13 AM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through this problem when I got my truck, the driver seat lower cushion was shredded and beyond repair. I went to pic n pull and every driver seat with the material pattern I needed was the same way, or worse. But, all of the passenger seats cushions were in perfect condition. So, I bought a passenger seat cushion and bolted it in place of the shredded driver seat cushion. They are pretty much the same cushion, with just very minor differences. The main difference is the vinyl on the edge of the seat that is normally on the inside and not seen, will be to the outside when bolted to the driver seat frame, which really isn`t a big deal.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:41 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just found these...

(am I the first to find out about these, or the last?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2000-20...JW9p9d&vxp=mtr

Old 04-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

First time I've seen those, and I check ebay periodically just for cushions. I have one of their bottom leather seat covers, guess I'll have to get one of those too.

Thanks for that link!

Quick Reply: replacemenet seat cushions