2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speakers Are not working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Bryce Henson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers Are not working.

I have a 2001 dodge 1500 sport. I just put a new after market radio in. I hooked all the speaker wires up correctly and no sounds came out of any of the speakers.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:19 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

Does the truck have the infinity amp system?

Old 01-26-2016, 10:08 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryce Henson
I hooked all the speaker wires up correctly and no sounds came out of any of the speakers.
That's easy: If the unit is installed correctly, then all of your speakers are bad.

But I'm kinda sorta thinkin' that the if condition isn't quite satisfied.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Warlock_III
Amateur

I agree with the above replies...However, most aftermarket head units have a blue trigger wire (operates the amplifier or power antenna). If in fact you do have the Infinity sound system (should indicate that on the speaker covers or factory stereo) this wire is used to power the factory amplifier. Without power to the amplifier the speakers will not work.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Dwreckn

So I have this same problem and yes I have the infinity system, I did hook up the blue wire and still get nothing. Does the little white plug with two wires go to the amp????

Old 07-11-2022, 08:40 PM
Patrick paintinsht
Default Front Infiniti speaker filter/amps

[QUOTE=Warlock_III;3281727]I agree with the above replies...However, most aftermarket head units have a blue trigger wire (operates the amplifier or power antenna). If in fact you do have the Infinity sound system (should indicate that on the speaker covers or factory stereo) this wire is used to power the factory amplifier. Without power to the amplifier the speakers wil

not work.[/QUOTE so I cut Amp wires at 6x9 and put Kenwood 5 ways in my 94 ram due to a high pitch squeel as I volume up like passed half volume well sounds great still squeels but at higher level I'm guessing ground wire but ima put complete new stereo I wish it had room 4 a double din deck

Old 07-12-2022, 10:13 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

[QUOTE=Patrick paintinsht;3547165]
Originally Posted by Warlock_III
I agree with the above replies...However, most aftermarket head units have a blue trigger wire (operates the amplifier or power antenna). If in fact you do have the Infinity sound system (should indicate that on the speaker covers or factory stereo) this wire is used to power the factory amplifier. Without power to the amplifier the speakers wil

not work.[/QUOTE so I cut Amp wires at 6x9 and put Kenwood 5 ways in my 94 ram due to a high pitch squeel as I volume up like passed half volume well sounds great still squeels but at higher level I'm guessing ground wire but ima put complete new stereo I wish it had room 4 a double din deck
There are kits out there in the world to alter your dash so the double din will fit, and look basically stockish.

Old 07-12-2022, 05:39 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick paintinsht;[url=tel:3547165
3547165]… I wish it had room 4 a double din deck
Check this post and the few following it, the Double DIN kit part# is listed (post #11).

Quick Reply: Speakers Are not working.