2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seat belt and CTM clicking

Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat belt and CTM clicking

My dads 98 has had a dying battery issue for a while, he assumed that it was a bad battery and just jumped it when he uses it to haul the trash off. That isn't the problem.

I jumped the truck the other day to move it out of the way and it wouldn't stay running (IAC valve stuck most likely). after it died the second time I tried to jump it I heard a rapid clicking from the seat back and where the CTM is. I unplugged the pigtail under the driver seat and that shut the seat up but the CTM was still clicking.

I'm thinking it's the SCTM under the center seat or the seat belt solenoid but why would the CTM be clicking also?
The seat belt fuse is good and I gave up pretty quick on trying to pull the IOD fuse when it didn't want to pull out.

One of these days soon I'm going to do the test on the SCTM that I found online, I just haven't gotten back over there to do it yet.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:16 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Find the body grounds either in the kick panels or near the air bag module. Make sure the grounds are tight first.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a good point I'll check it out the next time I'm at my dads house. I think I remember reading something about a poor ground causing the issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat belt and CTM clicking