2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rogue wires under dash, cant figure it out.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:29 PM
BigSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rogue wires under dash, cant figure it out.

Hello, im new here and i have looked everywhere for where these wires go, its on a 1999 dodge ram 1500 sport 4x4, underneath the driverside dash, there's a dark blue and a black wire, coming through the firewall behind the brake pedal switch, and theres a black/orange, Red, white, wire coming from behind that big plug with the bolt through it. the cut off and there's nowhere for them to go, i dont see any other wires they could connect to, i have followed the diagrams from the manual and i cant seem to figure it out. any help is appreciated.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:35 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a blue (?) one too. It sounds like those are for a trailer brake controller hookup. Stock, it had a four pin plug on it, maybe someone cut it off and hard wired a controller in, oh so many years ago. The white probably has a rather light colored tan stripe on it, right? But, nonetheless, pics always help...

Last edited by dbbd1; 05-27-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 PM
BigSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes theres a dark blue and black wire coming in through the firewall by themselves, i traced them to the back where it looks like they go to the gas tank, that might explain why my gas guage is stuck on empty. but theres also a white wire, and a red wire, and a black with a orange stripe. i cannot get a picture at the moment.

Quick Reply: Rogue wires under dash, cant figure it out.