2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sparten locker ?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You could put in a air locker but they are $$$. It will lock with a flick of a switch.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:15 AM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfotsch
I noticed that you said with the Detroit True Trac to go with a dino gear oil. I have had one in for a little over a year now (rear 9.25 3.55's)
The shop that did the install is the most reputable in Las vegas told me to use synthetic. So I have been without issue. Have changed it 2 times in 5k to get rid of little bit of metal. Is clean now.
Does the ram rearend need the synthetic or can I use a dino oil. My front diff calls for a 75w-90 dino oil. Why does my manual call for synthetic in the rear and nonsynthetic in the front?

Thanks,
The DTT manual states Dino oil. My installer used synthetic also and I haven't had a problem either. There's a bunch of research on the internet with a few references to engineers, but it is getting harder to find straight Dino oil.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:43 PM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got True Tracs front and rear in my 1500 4x4 truck and am very happy with them. The truck is a beast in the snow. I had to dig a little to find straight dino gear oil, but it wasn't too difficult. When you do find it, stock up a little bit (get enough for an additional complete gear oil change).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sparten locker ?