2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rough idle at operating temperature

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Ain't it curious how folks value convenience ahead of survival?
Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow man?

Crikey, we are WAY off topic here......

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 AM
Countryboy1630
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Pre-cat oxygen sensor for the win, man. Just to confirm: Unplug the electrical connector from the thing and then drive around to confirm that it's not developing that lumpy idle. If that's what happens, stop by the dealership on the way back home to grab an O2 sensor, or at the very least make sure that it's either Denso or NTK brand -- any other than dealer, Denso, or NTK is going to make the PCM unhappy.
Got an update for y'all, I finally got around to messing with the idling problem I've been having... (I couldn't handle it anymore) Turns out it was the front O2 sensor! After wasting money/replacing the TPS, coolant temp. sensor, coil, and IAC valve, it was the $50 part that I though I had already fixed. I guess what started this whole problem was when I got a CEL for the front O2 sensor, so I got a Bosch to replace it. I guess that where I messed up😂. Last week I just picked up an NTK to put back in it because that's what was in it but I didn't know it made that much of a difference. (Knock on wood) since I put the NTK in, I haven't had the idling issue for a week now. Thanks to everyone who helped me out and I hope this helps others who might be having the same problem.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:14 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Countryboy1630
Turns out it was the front O2 sensor!
Glad ya got it fixed!

Quick Reply: Rough idle at operating temperature