2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C issue

Old 08-21-2016, 03:36 PM
bpdoxey
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C issue

So I got my 94 dodge 1500 5.9 360 ac system drained vacuumed and filled. No leaks or anything. Blew somewhat cold upon completion but after about 20 minutes it starts blowin hot air. Ac clutch is spinning and working. My high and low lines are cols but blowing hot in cab. I'm stuck on defrost mode but when I pull down on the vacuum operated plunger behind the dash in order to get it to blow threw vents it still blows hot air. Please help

Old 08-21-2016, 04:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Temp door. It's cable operated on your truck. You should be able to find the bottom of the axle it pivots on just above the trans tunnel, towards the passenger side. (hope you have a secondary occupation as a contortionist......) Put your finger on it, and turn the temp **** from one extreme to the other. Does the axle move?

Old 08-22-2016, 03:16 PM
bpdoxey
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Temp door. It's cable operated on your truck. You should be able to find the bottom of the axle it pivots on just above the trans tunnel, towards the passenger side. (hope you have a secondary occupation as a contortionist......) Put your finger on it, and turn the temp **** from one extreme to the other. Does the axle move?
Alright so the cable that goes to the back of the controls that is the temperature control was popped out. Pushed it back down into place. Ac is blowing a little colder than room temp and I'm still sweating. It feels like it barely blows as well

Old 08-22-2016, 06:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Download the service manual for your truck. (I think the 94 link is broken, so, grab the 95, it's the same thing.) Get it here. There is a procedure for adjusting the temp cable, hopefully, that will solve your issues. (It's also posted here in a couple spots, a search might turn it up.)

Old 08-23-2016, 07:30 PM
bpdoxey
Amateur

Ok guys so my climate control on the dash has a plastic gear that moves another plastic gear up and down. Mine wouldn't spin to bring it up (for cold air). Replaced with one I had in my shed. She's blowing ice cold now. Thanks for the help

Old 08-23-2016, 10:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Awesome. Probably get better heat in the winter as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C issue