2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Elecrical issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 11:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramrod1500
Alright so I got everything all straightened out now. I pulled the governor solenoid and sensor out of both transmissions to swap them. Turns out the 2001 trans had a different connector for the governor sensor. So I dropped the valve bodies and swapped the electrical harness from my 99 trans into the 2001. Also swapped all of my sensors into the new trans. That cleared up the temp light and overdrive issue.

Brake, abs and speedo were still a problem so I changed the sensor in the rear diff. Turns out that went bad at the same time as the trans went out. Changing the sensor fixed the issues. So far I've put about 50 miles on everything and it seems to be alright so far.

I'm still planning on having my original trans rebuilt. Should I stay away from the stage 2 transmission rebuild kits on eBay or are they decent? They appear to be the quality ones.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/272029129819
Awesome, glad things are workin' for ya.

That trans kit actually looks pretty good......

Old 10-30-2016, 09:00 AM
97ramrod1500
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Awesome, glad things are workin' for ya.

That trans kit actually looks pretty good......
That's what I was thinking too. The only thing is it doesn't include the electronics but I will email them and see if they offer them. Of not, I can always purchase those seperate.