2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm Back

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:41 PM
whatcom
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Back

i have been off this site or at least hanging around the perimeters. i am so satisfied with my 2000 2500 dodge ram quad cab that there was nothing to worry about. but i recently added a pop-up camper to my ride and on the first long distance ride, wind noise galore on both doors. not saying the camper is causing the problem...but. so now i am in search of door weather stripping to replace the 16 year old stuff. thought this would be the cheapest first step. so who knows where i can find this weatherstripping? i am having difficulty locating one for a quad-cab. love this site and will continue to participate/monitor. thanks for your time. Whatcom

Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

LMC Truck should have the stuff. If not, check with Sofseal (spelling?) They tend to be more expensive.... but, have good stuff.

Also, might just try bending the tops of the doors in a little bit, and see if that helps.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:30 PM
whatcom
Amateur

thank i'll try sofseal...LMC does not cover my year truck

Old 12-01-2016, 05:39 PM
whatcom
Amateur

how do you bend the top of the doors without damaging the paint or integrity of the door?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:59 PM
whatcom
Amateur

HeyYou...were right I was wrong...LMC does carry my year truck. ordered a catalog looking for the wetherstripping. thanks much

Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I just hide the truck out of the customers sight, roll the window all the way down, with the door partially open, I put my knees against the door, just below the window opening, grab the top of the door frame, and pull it in a bit. All it does is tweak the top half of the door frame in a bit, so the seal makes better contact. Don't have to reef on it, just tug a little, and try it out. Need more? Pull a bit harder. Works great. Has the advantage of being cheap AND easy.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Asmug
Banned

hi! I glad to see!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:32 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

These folks may have what your looking for
https://www.prp.com/product/?SearchT...+2500&type=All

Dave

Old 12-04-2016, 08:34 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

I used their stuff on my 86 its pretty good.

Dave

Old 04-04-2017, 03:48 PM
whatcom
Amateur

Sooo I ordered up the new door weather stripping from LMC. The old came off nicely and the new went on with no problem. I did the main door opening, including around the quad door and the strip down the center where the quad door and main door meet. NICE...so I close the doors and marvel how tight they close. BUT then the drivers side quad door would not open. I put my weight into the door and pulled the latch...it opened. Couple days later I opened that same door and closed it again firmly. So now there is no way to open the quad door...even when pushing hard on the door to unlatch. QUESTION...How can I open the door without causing damage to the door? It is only the drivers side rear quad door. HELP, talk about opening a can of worms.