2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake light fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 07:29 PM
BigGreenRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ABS and Brake light fixed

At least mine is right now. This is what I did new rear sensor from dodge part#
56028187AE. My 98 is RWAL abs ok get the sensor you will need a pigtail to I got it from autozone. Pick up a tube of dielectric grease and contact cleaner. Unhook
Negative side of battery change the sensor use contact clearer on all plugs blow out with air or let dry out. Put dielectric grease on all plugs use a good amount. Unplug wires from the module also. Plug everything back up hook battery up turn key to run don't start bout 30sec turn off and then start lights should go off like they should good luck with your truck it's been two weeks still good.

Last edited by BigGreenRam; 01-18-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:05 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 298 Likes on 282 Posts

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 PM
excessivemachine

Hi BigGreenRam- I searched for any posts on brakes and yours popped up.
I have an ABS and BRAKE light that stays on all the time. I recently had my transmission rebuilt and they told me my rear brakes are not currently working. I replaced the master cylinder and still no fix. Is your post a response to another post? Its not showing the original post and it appears someone else had the same problem as me and they fixed theirs.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:15 PM
BigGreenRam
Professional

U will need to make sure your rear brakes are working and adjusted right. This is the fix for my truck been trying to fix it for over a year ya lots of guys here have this problem keep researching it use this fix may work

Old 01-18-2017, 06:56 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Replacing the sensor on the rear axle fixed the ABS & Brake light issue for me, when I did the 2500 brake upgrade.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:05 AM
excessivemachine

I had my buddy (a retired auto shop teacher) help me bleed my brakes. Fixed the stopping problem and the BRAKE/ABS light problem. Easy fix (this time).