2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LED Pods for fog lights, draining battery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Josh Falconer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Pods for fog lights, draining battery?

I just recently mounted two led Pod lights in the bumper and wired them up to the original fog light wires (the red and black +/-). Now my battery is being drained and then dead. I tried pulling out the fog relay to see if that would keep power with the lights not working but it still killed the battery? I'm not good with electical but have a good idea with most maybe I have a bad battery or something totally different?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

I don't see how it can be the lights draining your battery. If the fog lights are off, there is no flow. If the lights were drawing current, they would light up. You can try disconnecting the lights for a bit and see what changes.

Last edited by Dodgevity; 01-19-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Josh Falconer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a wire connected off the positive terminal also one off the negative terminal they both lead to nothing (i'm waiting on a switch) but could that be what's draining the power? I have the end's tapped up as well

Old 01-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

You problem may be a bad battery or alternator. Have both checked, or check them with a multimeter.