2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46RE transmission issues after plenum repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Ram1500Sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46RE transmission issues after plenum repair

Apparently I messed up the adjustment for the TV cable while doing the Hughes plenum kit to my motor.. ie. it would hold 2nd gear until 36 mph 2k rpm under very light throttle.. also, it would jump between 2nd and 3rd at 40mph.. went and had a look today and found the cable to be completely out of adjustment by almost an inch... made the adjustment per the service manual and my truck now shifts completely perfect.. Regardless, I'm still going to replace the gov pressure sensor, solenoid, fuild and filter on Wednesday along with the check valve delete and a band adjustment. I had put quite a few miles on it while it was shifting funny and i'm worried of the condition of the fluid and such. I was very relieved to see such improvement from the cable adjustment.. Thank you to all who have contributed information here!!