2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New here need help

Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Rowen Anchondo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here need help

Hello!! New here. I have a 98.5 Dodge Ram 2500 I recently had my blinkers go out. Hazards don't work either. When I use press the brake and turn signal on the bulb is dim but does not flash. I've replaced the flasher, headlight switch, and multifunction switch. I've found a ground behind the inside fuse panel didn't look bad but cleaned and put back. Found another by the front drivers side headlight. Did the same. Still don't have blinkers or flashers. Am I missing something??? HELP!! Please.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome aboard. Moved to the correct section so you can get some help.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Erin Henrickson
Default bulbs or central timer

Originally Posted by Rowen Anchondo
Hello!! New here. I have a 98.5 Dodge Ram 2500 I recently had my blinkers go out. Hazards don't work either. When I use press the brake and turn signal on the bulb is dim but does not flash. I've replaced the flasher, headlight switch, and multifunction switch. I've found a ground behind the inside fuse panel didn't look bad but cleaned and put back. Found another by the front drivers side headlight. Did the same. Still don't have blinkers or flashers. Am I missing something??? HELP!! Please.
Have you replaced the bulbs, the gen 2s use a dual filiment 1157 or 3157 bulb and it is possible for the light to still light up but wont flash as it uses the other filament for flashing. Other than that the flashers run through the main timer module and if it is going bad then no mater what other parts are replaced still wont function.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Rowen Anchondo

Originally Posted by Erin Henrickson
Have you replaced the bulbs, the gen 2s use a dual filiment 1157 or 3157 bulb and it is possible for the light to still light up but wont flash as it uses the other filament for flashing. Other than that the flashers run through the main timer module and if it is going bad then no mater what other parts are replaced still wont function.
i have replaced the bulbs. What is the main timer module? And where is it located? Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Flasher module is in the fuse block on the side of the dash. On yours, one module deals with both the turn signals, and the hazard flashers.

Search this Thread