2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum line issue! Need help before removing intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM
James Martin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum line issue! Need help before removing intake manifold

Hey everybody new guy here been lurking!

recently did the plenum gasket and new head gaskets and am having a really high idle issue, about 1600. Tracked it down to a vacuum leak and need to know if this belongs there or if I have a hose trapped under my intake manifold. This little nipple.on.intake here on the back of the P/S had a elbow that was disconnected that runs to the vacuum line of the intake manifold. Tried to reconnect it however I can get the elbow on it but then can't plug in the main vacuum line connector. Anybody know what that is and if it's supposed to be there? Also anyway to get it connected?

2001 Dodge ram 1500 5.9 4X4.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 AM
James Martin

also have a very heavy oil consumption. If that helps any.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:42 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

That's not supposed to be there. Do you vents randomly change settings? Looks like you have to take the manifold back off, I looks like you pinched it under there.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:41 PM
James Martin

So just finished taking everything apart and sure enough that is what it was. It was sandwiched between the gasket and manifold! Off to buy a new gasket and put it back together.