2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle body butterfly screw replacement and customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Big Green 360
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle body butterfly screw replacement and customer service

I did the TB mod and had a machine shop radius the face edge of the bores -I think he said it was a 3/8" radius.

Removal of the old butterfly screws stripped them, so I need new screws but was unable to find any info on their thread/pitch or a place to purchase them. So this morning, I called The Fastman to see if he could point me in the right direction. Dan answered. I asked if he could sell me 4 butterfly screws and he flatly said "No". I explained my situation and asked if he would please tell me what thread/pitch screws he uses. His reply in a snide voice was "No. . . hunting for the info is part of the fun if you're a real do-it-yourselfer." I said "really?" an he said "yeah." So I said "thank you for your help" and hung up. What a ****.

I then called F&B throttle bodies and the owner Bruce answered. I started the conversation the same way and he told me he'd be happy to help. He gave me all the info on the screws: the butterfly screws are 10/32, 5/16" length and the TB mounting screws are 5/16"-18 in case anyone wants to know. He recommended using button heads as they reduce turbulence compared to the stock screw heads. Then he asked me about my build and we talked for close to 30 minutes about our trucks, our engine mods, and he told me to call him if I ever have any questions about anything else. Never once did he even try to sell me anything. That's how you make loyal customers. If I ever need anything that F&B sells, they'll get my business. Just thought I would post my experience since it may be useful to this community.

Last edited by Big Green 360; 03-22-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:55 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting.

Thanks.