2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Total loss of power driving down highway

Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 PM
scullman37
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Does it do the same thing with the O2 sensors unplugged? (I seem to recall you tried this, and it didn't help either.....)

What you really need, is to be able to do data logging. Plug in, go for a drive, note at what elapsed time it starts to fail, drive home, look at the logs. It *should* be patently obvious at that point, what the issue is.
I Have unplugged the o2 sensor and it ran for a while and started acting up again.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:04 PM
scullman37

Originally Posted by scullman37
I Have unplugged the o2 sensor and it ran for a while and started acting up again.
How do you do data log?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Gotta have the tool that will do it. Either a pro tool, (snap on MT2500, or similar) or a laptop, with the right cable, and software. My personal preference is the laptop. Cables run about 50 bucks, and generally come with software, if you just get the cable, you can download software that will do what you want, for free.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:14 PM
jbearj1087
Default Similar issue

My truck has also died on me while driving. Short and sweet. It was the electrical connector that plugs into the fuel pump. The female pins were worn out and not making contact. The connector amazingly comes apart. All I did is crimp the pins a little bit so they were tighter. Plugged it back in and the truck hasn't died on me since. Got to love a cheap and easy fix. If you don't drop the tank or remove the bed. The easiest way is to cut the connector off and make a n extension harness so you have some room to play with. Hope this post helps someone like it did for me. Ram On!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Total loss of power driving down highway