2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed size question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bed size question

I have a topper and hate it, but it comes in handy for taking the dogs places and for extra storage room when I go camping/hunting/etc... I hope I like this cover better for everyday type of use. This one fits on the inside of my bed rails so I can still put the topper on without having to remove the tonneau, just need to role it up.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'll like the tonnue a million times better than a regular old topper and definatly better than nothing at all. Like i said i use mine all the time, garuntee you'll never own a truck without one !!!

Old 03-29-2006, 12:48 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

yes reg cab and extenred cab boxes are the same

Old 03-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, that looks nice! my old snap cover sucks! it works great, just cant snap it when its cold out. what price range are those in?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

personally i like the lightrider covers the best there the soft top ones (i install both) the pace edwards are nice but tend to have troubbles down the line if your gonna go with a pace ewards id go with the full metal ones there a bit nicer

Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Access also makes a hell of a tonnue cover. In my opinion they are the best velcro-type you can get.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

i dont know about the access never used them but they sound good. i do know that the truckxedo (sp?) ones are junk we got some demo ones from them to try and they were just absolute junk...sorry if anyone has one, no offence

Old 03-29-2006, 03:30 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Noooo i agree truXedo are junk.......as are lund......again no offense to anybody but a buddy of mine has a truxedo one his long box F-150 and hates it. Access is a brand made out of Jamestown, North Dakota, i believe, reguardless they know what they are doing. We know a thing or two about wind and wear here in North Dakota.....Access uses a very strong adhesive, metal lips, and very small screws to fasten down their velcro, which equals velcro never being a problem. Should you ever have to replace it, its very very simple, UNLIKE other companies where you have to mess with glue and other crap. Also their vinyl is one of the best quality i know of. It also has plastic latches that can lock it into place so you cannot open it from the outside, unlike other covers, and also has a spring loaded button so if you wanna open it from the outside w/o opening your tailgate, you can. Another advantage of the Access is that they are Manually adjustable, in other words you can tighten the tonnue cover by a simply twist of a ****. The auto-tension ones like the lunds and what have you are JUNK...never tight enough, always flapping around like a flag. My dad has a TonneuMasters cover on his, and he wishes he would have gotten the Access....idk about the lightrider, but they sound like they are not too shabby. Again no offense to anybody.....just my 2 cents.

however in the end a tonnue cover is a cover, if you can find a deal snag it. youll never own another truck without one once youve had one.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:35 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jnellydodge

Noooo i agree truXedo are junk.......as are lund......again no offense to anybody but a buddy of mine has a truxedo one his long box F-150 and hates it. Access is a brand made out of Jamestown, North Dakota, i believe, reguardless they know what they are doing. We know a thing or two about wind and wear here in North Dakota.....Access uses a very strong adhesive, metal lips, and very small screws to fasten down their velcro, which equals velcro never being a problem. Should you ever have to replace it, its very very simple, UNLIKE other companies where you have to mess with glue and other crap. Also their vinyl is one of the best quality i know of. It also has plastic latches that can lock it into place so you cannot open it from the outside, unlike other covers, and also has a spring loaded button so if you wanna open it from the outside w/o opening your tailgate, you can. Another advantage of the Access is that they are Manually adjustable, in other words you can tighten the tonnue cover by a simply twist of a ****. The auto-tension ones like the lunds and what have you are JUNK...never tight enough, always flapping around like a flag. My dad has a TonneuMasters cover on his, and he wishes he would have gotten the Access....idk about the lightrider, but they sound like they are not too shabby. Again no offense to anybody.....just my 2 cents.

however in the end a tonnue cover is a cover, if you can find a deal snag it. youll never own another truck without one once youve had one.
i couldent agree with you more, the access cover sounds identical to the lightrider ones as well

Old 03-29-2006, 03:37 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

at the audio store we sold tonues (and installed them ) for a few months .. not sure why really but i just did what the boss said to.. lol IIRC we sold them by year make and model and ft wise for bed.. like

2001 dodge ram 6ft or 8ft

as for as the rams... fords and chevys were different... for some chevys we actually had to measure with a tape to order the right ones... fords we needed info like year make model cab/bed setup...

but for the 2gen rams and the 3rd gens for that matter we never had to ask if its a shrt long extcab reg cab etc...

Quick Reply: Bed size question