2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

question about body lifts

Old 04-05-2006, 07:00 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about body lifts

im looking into getting a 2inch body lift.. i dont really want a 3 because thats really pushing it and stretching out those lines.. but i was just wondering whats the best company to go threw..and whats the website?? top of the line body lifts.. which includes both front and rear bumper brackets and linkages for a 5 speed manual. how much do they usually go for??

Old 04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Default RE: question about body lifts

Performance accessaries is the best/complete kit. they are around $200.
No kit will come with the rear brackets. I woulndt bother with the rear bracket though. Its better to drill different holes, they show you how in the instructions

as far as going 2 over 3 why bother than.

any line that will be stretched out beyond what theyre suposed to is included in the kit.

I would just go 3. 2" would be a waste and you wont notice a difference from 2 to 3.

Jc whitney or summit carries this brand of body lift

Old 04-05-2006, 07:11 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

yeah i know.. i already have a 3 inch sus. lift.. 2 would give me 5 and i wanted to just get 35's.. how much frame shows with a 3 inch? how much do gap gaurds go for??? i used to have a 93 blazer that i put a body lift on and it looked stupid with those gaps and the frame hung down so far.. so i want to really take care of this truck and make it look nice

Old 04-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I have the Trail Masters kit and that came with absolutly everything I needed except for the bracket. I think as long as its a higher end kit they'll have everything you need.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

where can i find rear bumper brackets?? i dont know why they just dont sell it with them

Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

The brackets are a waste of money. I made the mistake of buying them. They weld a grade 8 all thread to a softer metal plate, so when I torqued the bolts to 50ftlbs they just spun off.
LIke I said dont waste your money.
all of the kits will come with the front brackets.

The gaps arent bad at all, Not even as close to bad as the chevys. Body lifts on the chevys look pretty queer.
Look on my cardomain site there are plenty of before and after shots. You can get the idea.

Gap guards. Well I picked up a set from someone for 20 bucks. I threw the rear set away because they did nothing really except for flap in the breeze. The fronts are nice just because they block alot of dirt and mud from getting up in the engine compartment.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

After looking at my rear bumper and frame I've noticed all I have to do is unbolt the 3 bolts on each side, move it to where I want it and drill some holes. I agree with God Ram It, waste of money!. If you want though www.suspensionconnection.com has them I think

Old 04-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Chopper1
All Star

I went with the PA 3" and rancho 3" sport kit. 35's are a good fit. Not sure if you will have rub issues with the 3" and 2"

The front bumper bracket comes with the kit. As they said the rear bracket would be a waste. Unbolt the bumper, Hold in place, mark holes, drill, bolt back on. If you look at my pics on the forum, there is a shot of the rear bumper area. The gap is the same as stock. You can also see where the jack crank hole was relocated next to license plate light.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question about body lifts