2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headlight switch diagram (headlight wire color)

Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 AM
szarin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight switch diagram (headlight wire color)

i'm looking to add three guages to my a-pillar. i tried searching the net and these forums for a wire diagram of the headlight switch with no luck. I am looking for what color the wire is for the headlights. I want the guages to light up only when i turn on the headlights. I figured seeing how the headlight switch is there it would be the best place to tie into.

If anyone has any other ideas i'd love to here them thx. I have a 99 dodge ram with the 5.9L.
thx.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Chopper1
All Star
Default RE: headlight switch diagram (headlight wire color)

If you wire it in with the dash light/instument cluster wiring it will dim and brighten with the dash lights. I don't know the colors, but a few minutes with a test light at the fuse panel or light switch should work. Watch the test light dim as the dial is turned. Just a thought in case that isn't what the original intent was.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 AM
szarin
Rookie
Default RE: headlight switch diagram (headlight wire color)

i was hoping someone would know the answer off hand... i guess i will need to use my test lamp. it would be nice to have those dim as well. off to the garage i go

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: headlight switch diagram (headlight wire color)