2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

injector removal problems

Old 10-06-2006, 06:54 PM
smartobject
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: injector removal problems

Also -- I saw in a manual somewhere that you should not remove the rubber "bridge" tube between the rails. I know some have posted about cleaning their rails and maybe they took it off to clean, but I played it safe and left it intact.

Anyone else know about this part?

Thanks,
Lee

Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got the plastic one and a metal double ended tool for the fuel lines. Sometimes those plastic ones are not the best for releasing the lines.

Thanks yeah, Ive really been getting addicted to my spray gun. For my 408 buildup I painted, M1, block, water outlet above stat, timing cover, water pump, a/c alt bracket, pwr steering bracket, alt/m1 bracket, ac/m1 bracket, repainted coil bracket, motor mounts, headers, steering box, frame rails from cab forward, as well as spindles and repainted calipers. Looking to get Eastwoods powdercoating kit. I still have a few more brackets to make & probably pwdr coat them plus the 5 Ive made so far. Plan to get a bit creative on some of my Procharger pieces to compliment the polished blower.

This is what it looked like 2 months ago.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

I would spray the inside of the rails with compressed air but dont seperate them.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Ya, I took alook at that line between the rails when mine was out and it didn't look like something you want to start monkeying around with.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:44 PM
timwag2001
All Star

all set. took the intake off and replaced the plenum without removing the injectors. I got that plastic thing and it popped off in a second.

when i took off the intake though some debris fell into the valley i put some rags in there when i took it off but the initial removal is where it happened. i vacuumed it out and cleaned it with some rags but im nervous about leaving stuff in there. also... when i was scraping the gaskets i think some stuff went into the heads. i vacuumed it out like the manual says. Is this ok? should i just run it a little and then change the oil? what do you think?

Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

If you have a compressor could just blow out the head (cover valley/other head with rags/towl) Should be ok to run it to operating temps then dump the oil and filter

Old 10-07-2006, 12:16 AM
timwag2001
All Star

sweet, thanks. there wasnt a lot that got past me but it makes me nervous anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: injector removal problems