2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat belts stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
zdaug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belts stuck

Recently both the seat belts have become locked up and will not pull out in my 98 ram. Any ideas how the seat belts work or what the cause may be?
I think that it is electrical, maybe a bad ground or relay. But I don't know where to look, I checked fuses, but I don' think that has anything to do with the seat belts. Someone suggested putting the truck in reverse then slamming on the brakes, since the brakes might be messing with the belts. I'll try that soon.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:10 PM
DodgeFever
Default RE: seat belts stuck

Same exact thing is wrong with my dad's 98 quad cab.If I find out anything I will let you know. If you already have the problem solved....let me know! Thanks.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Fabien from Belgium

As i said on another post, i met the same problem on a Ram. That came frow a wire or a connector placed under the driver seat who was disconnected.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Racer Rob
Veteran

geez lawsuit time! Its the law in my state that you must wear them, and with them broken kinda hard to obey the law [X(]

Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I absolutely hate it when I go over a washboarded road or a pot hole coming to a stop at a stop sign and the darn seat belt will lock up on me! So I often come home with bruises on my collar bone. My seat belt is extremely sensitive to bumps and will lock up on me at anytime if I move forward just a tad bit.

Karen

Old 10-14-2004, 11:35 PM
mysecondram

In my 98 under the center front seat there was a controll module for the seat belts.It is electronic and that may be what is cousing your problems.

I know that becouse My truck was stolen and that was one of the few things that was missing.Without it the seat belts wont extract.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: seat belts stuck