I am getting a 95 ram 1500 today or tomorrow, and it needs to have the vehicle speed sensor replaced. The dealership told me that there are two sensors, one on the rear end and one on the transmission. I can do this no problem, but I need a write up or something that shows me where the sensors are and what to do. Is there anything out there for replacing both sensors on a 95 1500?
Rear Speed Sensor Removal/Installation
1.Raise vehicle on hoist.
2. Clean sensor, cover, and sensor mounting area of axle housing (figs. 16 & 17). This is necessary to prevent dirt entry when sensor is removed from housing. Mopar brake cleaner or carb cleaner are equally acceptable for cleaning purposes.
3. Disconnect harness wires from sensor (fig 16).
4. Remove screw that secures brake cable, brake line, sensor cover, and sensor in axle housing (figs 16 & 17).
5. Remove sensor and cover.
6. Cover sensor opening in axle housing to prevent dirt entry.
7. Insert sensor in axle housing opening. Then position cover over sensor, and install cover and sensor attaching screw.
8. Connect harness wires to sensor and lower vehicle.
Those are the steps for the rear sensor, verbatim, from a 95' manual. If you have 4 wheel antilock, you will have sensors up front also. (each wheel).
I hope this helps. If you need front directions, PM me. Sorry about the blurry pics. I'm the Diesel Demon.....not a nerd like Mayfair...............(wink).
Ok, good luck.