2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front Bumper Cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain... Sunday night, some tool decided to slide through a stop sign and stopped right in front of me. I had NO time to react...

Damage for me is $1400 bucks... bumpers, brackes, headlight and radiator core support. Arrr! I wish I had a nice Alien Patrol bumper. I guess I'm going to have to make a new HD bumper that will act as a can opener next time.

Good luck!
Cartman

Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell me what area in Oregon your at,

I already know of a 2001 that was totalled, it's at B&R in corvallis.. Should be on their website already.. Anyway, you can call them and make an offer, I would suggest $175, and go up from there, if it's in decent shape, all I know is the front is not hurt, don't know how good the bumper is.. wait hold on, I found the website, here it is:
http://www.autowrecking.com/part-car...L308/see/44994

While looking for the website I found this:
http://www.cavemanautoparts.com/
They have a 2000 2500, but I think the bumper will fit...

My wife has family out there in Eugene.. We were just out there last summer, real nice.. drove out, and then went down to crater lake, then followed the coast down to San Fran... love it out on the west coast..

Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

not a bad idea...if I had plans or could draw some up!

yea I could imagine the damage without one...frustrating it wasn't more than 10 mph if that!

Lessen learned: don't pick a fight with a rail guard!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Originally Posted by EricCartman
I feel your pain... Sunday night, some tool decided to slide through a stop sign and stopped right in front of me. I had NO time to react...

Damage for me is $1400 bucks... bumpers, brackes, headlight and radiator core support. Arrr! I wish I had a nice Alien Patrol bumper. I guess I'm going to have to make a new HD bumper that will act as a can opener next time.

Good luck!
Cartman
Ok I'm done with my whining...you take the award of "@(#*$& why!". I think total damage out is only $600-700 without labor. I just put a radiator in and nothing looks damaged under the hood...but that was at night. Hate to take it to a body shot and tell me the frame is bad or something...sure looks fine to me!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman

I already know of a 2001 that was totalled, it's at B&R in corvallis.. Should be on their website already.. Anyway, you can call them and make an offer, I would suggest $175, and go up from there, if it's in decent shape, all I know is the front is not hurt, don't know how good the bumper is.. wait hold on, I found the website, here it is:

My wife has family out there in Eugene.. We were just out there last summer, real nice.. drove out, and then went down to crater lake, then followed the coast down to San Fran... love it out on the west coast..
I work out of Salem, OR...that about 1.5 hrs north of Eugene I think but i live in Portland, OR that is 1.5 hrs north of salem! 3 hrs or so one way...not bad. Next time you are in Oregon let me know! Thank you for your help thus far!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
JackJ
Captain

not a bad idea...if I had plans or could draw some up!
I know itis no work of art, but you could use paint to draw up a basic plan and take it to a weld shop are go from there.

BTW: the center bent line is 'posed to be curved out.

Last edited by JackJ; 03-12-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman

It'd be nice to take the leather out of that truck.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:00 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
I work out of Salem, OR...that about 1.5 hrs north of Eugene I think but i live in Portland, OR that is 1.5 hrs north of salem! 3 hrs or so one way...not bad. Next time you are in Oregon let me know! Thank you for your help thus far!
hey at least it dosent look like this one
http://www.autowrecking.com/part-car...J659/see/34767

Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Oh heck I didn't even see that! yea it would...but I probably couldn't afford it...only think I hate about leather is the hot days!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:15 AM
TIMIDONE
All Star

Wow more than half these postings is just from me! Must be a way I can vent! Was doing a radom search only for bumper plans for dodge ram and came across of these...pretty nice if you ask me.

Need to find someone that do the work for me so I can price it out. I can do the painting and installing need someone to do the fab work.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Cost