3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New Blacktop Owner, got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 AM
akmerle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Blacktop Owner, got some questions

Hey guys, picked up my white blacktop last Tuesday and absolutely love it. Thanks to this site I now convinced I need red caliper covers and the shark fin antenna.

I do have a couple questions for you guys though:
1. When stereo is in Bluetooth mode with my iphone 5, after shutting vehicle off the stereo goes back to satellite radio instead of staying in Bluetooth aux. Is this normal?
2. When unlocking the door by pressing the door handle sensor, is there a way to unlock all doors instead of just the driver?
3. Is there a way to disable the seat belt chime (there are times I don't need my belt, please don't turn this into a seat belt lecture)?

Thanks guys!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 AM
dwolson2
Professional

1. Mine stays on the phone. I will sit and chat a few min.
2. It's in your evic settings on the dash.
3.idk

Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I will try and answer:
Hey guys, picked up my white blacktop last Tuesday and absolutely love it. Thanks to this site I now convinced I need red caliper covers and the shark fin antenna.

I do have a couple questions for you guys though:
1. When stereo is in Bluetooth mode with my iphone 5, after shutting vehicle off the stereo goes back to satellite radio instead of staying in Bluetooth aux. Is this normal?
I believe it is...the bluetooth is a chosen setting not a default
2. When unlocking the door by pressing the door handle sensor, is there a way to unlock all doors instead of just the driver?Go into EVIC menu and chose that option
3. Is there a way to disable the seat belt chime (there are times I don't need my belt, please don't turn this into a seat belt lecture)? you really know the answer to this...NO
WELCOME ABOARD AND LETS SEE SOME PICS OF THAT BLACKTOP!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Clifford R/T
Veteran

Lets see some pics of the new ride. Congrats

Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

Hey is there any way to find out how many Durango RT Blacktops were produced, in what colors and options? Just wondering how rare the color and option combo is.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
jwr9152
Professional

This worked on my 12 Charger, haven't tried it on my Durango.

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed. (This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM
akmerle

Originally Posted by jwr9152

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed. (This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).
Does your charger have the push button start where you don't have any ignition to switch? I used a similar sequence on my 12 Ram work truck but it has turn to start ignition.

Thanks for the replies guys, will get some pics up hopefully today! This is the first SUV I have ever had after having Toyota trucks (last was 10 Tundra Rock Warrior) for nearly 20 years. Much easier with day to day driving and pulled my two place snowmachine trailer just fine on Sunday.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I really feel they should have put Black emblems on those as well.
STEVE

Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 PM
NUTTS12CREW
Amateur

Originally Posted by jwr9152

This works for Most all Dodges. I did it to my 2012 DD the day I got it. Now, if only I could get the message to stop showing up on the display everytime I start from a stop!

Quick Reply: New Blacktop Owner, got some questions