1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My project truck..

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My project truck..

1978 (late) MACHO Power Wagon

It's a 4x4 4 speed 360 2 bbl. After exhaustive research, it has the wrong bumper on it, and is missing the front bumper, but the stock bumpers are easy to get since they were just a regular bumper but painted black. Everything else (other than the MACHO Ramcharger tailgate) is correct down to the wheels and it even has the super RARE factory yellow spare! Plus, it has no real body damage and of course no rust. And even the roll bar, which is the first thing to disappear, is still there as well.

Last edited by Sniper X; 05-08-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that is pretty cool. so you finally got the thing? looks like a pretty solid base to start with.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Sniper X
Captain

[QUOTE=Sniper X;3014964]1978 (late) MACHO Power Wagon

IDk what happened there!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
that is pretty cool. so you finally got the thing? looks like a pretty solid base to start with.
i am still wrestling with the paper work but have the truck. Should have the title in my name next week and I'll start the list of what to do next. Yep it's solid for sure since it is all there save for two things that are easy to get. Usually these trucks are missing the wheels, roll bar, and have a crap paint job over the super bitchin MACHO SCHEME.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

you can clearly see someone took decent care of it. not very often do you see a vehicle sitting on blocks to keep the tires from going flat. most of the time you would usually see the tires flat and the rim starting to sink into the ground where they rust to the point where you can't save them.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn.

Quite frankly, I think that it will clean up pretty well. Then comes the body work, which will have to be extensive. Does it run yet or no? I think the wipers might need repair just based on the picture...they are so far down, it looks like the linkage bushing went.

Either way, AWESOME!
Can't wait for the build up.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

the first time you use the wipers they will jump back up where they are suppose to be. i know mine do that all the time.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
you can clearly see someone took decent care of it. not very often do you see a vehicle sitting on blocks to keep the tires from going flat. most of the time you would usually see the tires flat and the rim starting to sink into the ground where they rust to the point where you can't save them.
I must hand that to the crackhead who owned it. At least he did that before he went off the deep end.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Sniper X
Captain

I am glad it is a carb. I will rebuild the carby first, and run it off of a off board fuel pump whilst I clean and refurbish the tank and all the fuel lines. I heard the only reason he parked it was the clutch went out. I heard it was still running fine when he parked it.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i don't think i would be able to wait and rebuild the carb. i think i would just put fuel to it and and try firing it up. as long as is it doesn't have the newer ethanol laced fuel in it it might fire up and stay running.

Quick Reply: My project truck..