2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rolled my truck

Old 05-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolled my truck

I lost control around a corner on a gravel road yesterday , put her in the ditch and she rolled onto her side. Thankfully I'm not hurt. First thing I did was shut the motor off. My dad came with his ram and pulled me back up on all 4's. She fired right up with a little puff of white smoke. Nothing broke but the door is f'ed and the box side had quite a nice dent in it. Drove her home, changed the oil and I think it will be fine. My buddy and I were able o bang out most of the dents later on.

Is there anything else I should check? My oil had some coolant in it but I changed it. Everything else looks like. The front end got caught in muck so when the chassis twisted the front end had some flex which probably saved my front end. This happened yesterday and I'm still driving it.

My buddy, a ford fanboy, said he couldn't believe she still runs like she does with no mechanical damage considering what happened. He said he will never diss another dodge ever again. Caught him looking at a dodge for sale a couple hours later. I think I converted him

Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. Leave for a month and people STILL post non-technical threads in the Tech section.

Great story, but the ending would have been better had the truck burst into a ball of flame.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:51 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Wow. Leave for a month and people STILL post non-technical threads in the Tech section.

Great story, but the ending would have been better had the truck burst into a ball of flame.
he is asking tech questions such as what other things he should check now

Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by VWandDodge

Thank you for the "great advice", however I am asking a technical question and there is no need for you to be rude. I have never rolled a vehicle before. I have no idea what needs to be checked.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Check all fluids. Axles, trans, t-case, etc. If it runs good, drive it.

My brother rolled his car completely. It was small and light enough that the four folks that were in the car could set it back on it's wheels. (volkswagen sirocco....) He drove it for four more years after that....

Old 05-26-2013, 07:16 PM
cmikolajczyk
Professional

Check all your fluids, I'd suggest changing anyway. Get you're alignment done, check your tie rods and steering for anything bent. That's about it.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I rolled my dads truck right after I got my license. All the way to the roof. We got it back home, changed all the fluids and fired it up. Blew out some blue smoke for awhile, but it eventually stopped and ran just fine. I would get the alignment checked like has been said, other than that, if it aint broke, dont fix it. Glad your ok.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
TheBigRedTruck
Veteran

i'm worried why there was coolant in the oil and you had a little white smoke. How is the coolant level? gradually decreasing?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Coolant level was a little low. I topped it up and hasn't seemed to go down at all since. I had a little bit of white smoke when I first fired it up after it was tipped. Was gone within 5 seconds.

Also, I have a noise in my steering. No play though. Going to look at it more tomorrow. Got someone to wiggle the steering wheel while I checked the front end and its at the end of the shaft before the steering box.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Thank you for the "great advice", however I am asking a technical question and there is no need for you to be rude. I have never rolled a vehicle before. I have no idea what needs to be checked.
you must not hang out here enough. that is a classic VWandDodge response. i thought it was pretty funny but that might just be me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rolled my truck