4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2009 ram dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM
bxsnipe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 ram dash removal

I recently purchased a Lockpick and want to install it myself I saw a utube clip that showed the removal on a 2009 Ram dash but mine has bucket seats and it seems that the trim around the shift lever has to be removed I can't seem to remove the chrome bezel around the gear shift I am afraid if I try to force it I will break it. It appears to be loose all around except for two places. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bxsnipe; 03-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FSM makes it sounds like it just pops off:

2.Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove shift bezel trim ring (1) and the shift cable cover (2).

Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
SolarPLEX
Rookie

use a butter knife or something thin and work your way around it and pry gently. it has tabs that have ribs that friction lock. If you break it no big deal, i took mine out and put it back on and it dosent fit as tight.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
War Horse
All Star

I used a fingernail file on mine when I installed the Mopar iPod connector. Just take it slow and pry a little at a time. Do it evenly and it'll pop right out. While out, you could also use the time to sand and paint it. I did mine and painted it matte black. Best mod ever. It seemed like the sun was always bouncing off it into my eyes. Death to the Bling Ring!

Quick Reply: 2009 ram dash removal