3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

730N, Iphone 4S & rear seat T.V.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
40Cent
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 730N, Iphone 4S & rear seat T.V.

1. Just recently purchased a 2013 RT Redline and cannot for the life of me figure out how to download my music from my iPhone 4S to the HDD in my truck. Did not stick around long enough to have my sales person give me an orientation of the truck but do recall him stating that all I had to do was connect my iPhone via USB and I would get the option to copy all my music and photos onto the harddrive in the truck... Is this accurate or do I need to purchase a USB thumb drive???

2. Got the 1yr subscription of Sirius with traffic link etc.. with the truck and called sirius today in order to add back seat t.v. option for the kids since I have the VES. Supposedly there is a separate radio ID specific to video that apparently only the dealer can provide. When I call the dealer they are clueless... go figure... The option for rear seat t.v. is supposed to be available on all Dodge, Jeep, & Chrysler vehicles according to Sirius. Is this accurate... anyone have any experience with this..

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

regarding point #1, here's how my 430 system works: Connect an apple device and the stereo can control it, but does not download any files. Note that anything you downloaded from iTunes is in likely a proprietary format that only apple hardware can decode.

Files that you have in mp3 format can be copied from a flash drive. Everything must be in the top level directory, no folders or it won't work.

I have not had any success with pictures yet but haven't tried all that hard either.

Steve

Last edited by wi-steve; 06-18-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by 40Cent
1. Just recently purchased a 2013 RT Redline and cannot for the life of me figure out how to download my music from my iPhone 4S to the HDD in my truck. Did not stick around long enough to have my sales person give me an orientation of the truck but do recall him stating that all I had to do was connect my iPhone via USB and I would get the option to copy all my music and photos onto the harddrive in the truck... Is this accurate or do I need to purchase a USB thumb drive???

2. Got the 1yr subscription of Sirius with traffic link etc.. with the truck and called sirius today in order to add back seat t.v. option for the kids since I have the VES. Supposedly there is a separate radio ID specific to video that apparently only the dealer can provide. When I call the dealer they are clueless... go figure... The option for rear seat t.v. is supposed to be available on all Dodge, Jeep, & Chrysler vehicles according to Sirius. Is this accurate... anyone have any experience with this..

Thanks.
1. You cannot...Apple doesnt allow it. I was going to allow my daughter to upload her music so she didnt have to hook up wire all the time. I contacted u connect and they said I could load contacts but Apple prevents music from going in. Not sure on the pics I used a usb
2. they are correct a different radio pkg had to be ordered.

Welcome and hope this helps
STEVE

Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait steve, so we can add the Sirius tv?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM
jwr9152
Professional

I had the backseat tv for a year. I didn't like it. 3 channels and they play the same thing over and over. I use a lockpick and Play Netflix or dish network.

Lets you control iPhone music with album art also.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 PM
40Cent
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback.. Looks like I will have to get myself a lockpick..

Quick Reply: 730N, Iphone 4S & rear seat T.V.