Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 Dodge ram coolant leak..? helpp

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 AM
youapro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 94 Dodge ram coolant leak..? helpp

Hello, i was on my way to work yesterday and i noticed my 94 dodge ram b250 was overheating. i got under it after starting it and the coolant is like bubbling up and coming out like a slow water fall. it is soaking my ignotion coil. so i towed it home and got to it..here was i got but i cant find the leak. i took the alternator off and the ac compresser and pull it to the side. then unbolted the bracket. under the bracket there is so much left behind old burn antifreeze. turn above the water pump. what would u think??

COOLING SYSTEM IS ALL NEW...im thinking water pump gasket.. the only thing that could leak up there other then that is the bypass hose and the upper rad hose, and they seem fine

Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM
jimbo111@yahoo.com
Rookie

I have found using a rad pressurizer really helps find leaks. Many auto parts stores let you use them for free, or for a small refundable deposit. Let the motor cool completely, pump up the radiator with pressure, start looking for the leaks.

Water is tuff, as it works its way down and out very easily. I have had all of the above leak, and then some, at different times on various cars. You just have to play detective until you can track the leak down.

Last edited by jimbo111@yahoo.com; 07-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by blackvan; 07-09-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: removed by me
Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 AM
funair02
All Star

Originally Posted by youapro
.. the only thing that could leak up there other then that is the bypass hose and the upper rad hose, and they seem fine
along with the thermostat housing and coolant temp sensor...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 Dodge ram coolant leak..? helpp