Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Barn Find - 1969 Super Bee - Really

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM
JimStoddard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barn Find - 1969 Super Bee - Really

I always thought these sort of things were myths. But last weekend, I came across what I am 99% sure is 69 SuperBee A12. It took a little over an hour to dig my way through 25 years of a hoarders collection, but there it was. This car is a one owner. It is currently disassembled. I was able to find most of the major components, with the exception of the engine (it has to be there somewhere). Fiberglass hood, Hurst 4 speed, bucket seats, six-pack air cleaner. I am no expert, but it all looks right to me. The body looks perfect, no significant dents, and NO visible rust.

I am currently in negotiations with the widow of the original owner. I really hope this is all not too good to be true. Any advise on value, things to watch for, cautions, will all be appreciated.

My plans are to put it back together like new. I will keep the forum up to date as this evolves.

Thanks
JB

Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

if i remember they were realy called 1969 1/2. but that may not have been what chrysler called them it might have been just the guys at the track, called them. and i think the it had black wheels, with crome lug nuts, and no hub cap. i think.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Beverly Stayart
Rookie

My first thought would be to locate the engine. There is a guy in LeClaire, Iowa, who buys old cars and restores them. He even has his own TV show. But he buys more than old cars. He also buys old signs, and about everything else you can imagine. This is just the sort of thing he would be interested in. You may have made a great discovery, but keep locating all the missing parts.

Quick Reply: Barn Find - 1969 Super Bee - Really