Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Air filters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:15 AM
mcgusto
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filters?

Hi all,
what's the maintenance schedule for the air filter? How often is this changed and is this something an un-trained user can do?
From what i can gather, there are 2 air filters to replace, a cabin filter and cold air intake?
I'd like to change these myself if it saves a few $ in labor

Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgusto
Hi all,
what's the maintenance schedule for the air filter? How often is this changed and is this something an un-trained user can do?
From what i can gather, there are 2 air filters to replace, a cabin filter and cold air intake?
I'd like to change these myself if it saves a few $ in labor
The air filter can be changed by an untrained user. However that assumes you are very meticulous and careful. I have seen mistakes made that are costly. Here's some newbie errors:

1) failing to reattach all small hoses and connectors. This causes the engine to breath dirty air, totally bypassing the filter.

2) Failing to properly reattach the main induction hose due to shifted hose clamp or incomplete fitment. Can suck dirty air into engine causing wearout.

3) installing the air filter element upside down.

4) not getting the lid or filter properly seated before latching the lid.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May be YouTube videos that can guide you trough the process. Probably previous model years but should be close.

Quick Reply: Air filters?