Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!

Ok this is I am sure an odd question...We have a 2011 Dodge grande caravan. I had my credit card sitting on the center console. It was laying on the cover that hides the 2 aux power outlets. I looked down and see it sliding down where the sliding cover goes when you open it to expose the aux outlets. I hear a tap and it disappeared. I pulled off the large main piece of plastic for the cover but couldnt remove it all of the way because it is plugged into the aux power outlets. Any idea if there is an access panel or anything to get at where it went?

thanks so much!

Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Body/Instrument Panel/CUPHOLDER, Instrument Panel/Removal
REMOVAL
Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the fastener (1) from the front of the floor console.

3. Pull the floor console (2) forward to disengage the retaining tab (1) from the floor bracket (3).
4. Remove the front floor console.

5. Remove the four plastic retainers that secure the instrument panel bin (1) to the instrument panel.
6. Disconnect and remove the instrument panel bin cover (1) .

7. Open the cupholder to the fully open position.
8. Remove the screw (1) located under the cupholder.

9. Remove the the two screws (1) located on the top edge of the cupholder (2).
10. Remove the cupholder (2) for the instrument panel by pulling straight out.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 AM
michelem
Default Lost my credit card, too!!

Help! I have the exact same problem as the initial poster!! My credit card slid right under the retractable cover/lid that hides the compartment where the auxiliary outlets are located.

I've looked at the instructions provided in the last reply, but I think those are for a van where the cupholders pull out from the front console (like my 2001 Grand Caravan). In my 2011 Grand Caravan, the center console with cupholders (and multiple compartments for storage) is freestanding.

Does anyone have instructions on how to access the area that I need? I'm desperate - I'm leaving on vacation in 2 days, and if I have to call my credit card company now to ask for a new card, I'll be without one for my entire vacation! Thanks!

Old 07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Dodge2008
Rookie

I ended up having the dealer get it put. They said it snaps together and was quick n easy. I couldn't believe Dodge wouldn't make the gap so things wouldn't slide through it

Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie

anyone have any ideas if the gap on the console can be filled with anything to prevent stuff from slipping down it and while still being functional?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM
aew713

How much did the dealership charge you to get the card out? I want to take mine in but my husband is mad bc he thinks there going to try and charge me an arm and a leg just to pop it off???

Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you have the super console, the top just clips on. You pop the clips and disconnect the harness to remove it

Old 12-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Dodge2008
Rookie

I apologize for the delayed reply....the dealership didn't charge anything. They were very nice about it and said it didn't take long to get out....like the post above he said it just pops off.

I wish dodge would have made the gap a little smaller lol

Old 08-04-2013, 04:09 PM
AleyRamey
Default Lost Credit Card #2!

I have lost TWO credit cards the same way!!
The first one happend about a year ago and went with the van when I turned the van in (company car) because I took it to a shop (not a dealership), they worked on it for two hours, could see it but couldn't get to it. (It had expired by that point.) They found all kinds of other receipts and papers down there, though.
This same thing happened again 5 days ago with my replacement card in my new van.
I'm not sure what to do about this one because the closest dealer to me is an hour away and I work all day everyday . . . and I am mechanically challenged so getting it myself is almost impossible.
It takes so long to get a new card and it is a HUGE inconvenience to go without access to your account.
I suppose more than anything, I just wanted Dodge to be award that this is an issue.
Although I hate for anyone to have to deal with this, it is nice to know I'm not alone.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Bob_Ierardi

Great sketch! Thanks! My wife has 3 credit card stuck in the Super Console. Is there a trick to releasing the clips without breaking them or scaring the console? How would you suggest releasing the clips prior to lifting the top of the super console? Should I use a particular tool or does the top just pull off? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I found this on a Chrysler forum .... There is a way to remove the top of the super console instead of removing the whole console. There is a seam that follows along on each side of the console that meets up in the rear of the super console right above the drawer. I was able to pry (lack of a better term) lightly enough to where the clips popped loose. I carefully worked my hands along the seems forward toward the front while gently lifting from from the rear. Once I worked it all the way forward there are 2 clips that are a little stubborn so I used a plastic knife to pop them loose. Be carefull as there are wires that are attached.

I can confirm Bluedragn69_98's Method, My Wife lost her Debit Card the same way as OP. The Dodge Dealer wanted $900 to pull it apart. All I did was Pull out the Drawer, reach under and pull up firm but not hard and the entire top of the console came up, very easily actually. Found $0.45 and our Debit Card. No issues with re-installation, made sure wires did not get pinched. Started with Dash side and just snapped them back down.

Total Time ~10 Minutes, 5 of which I stared at it prior to trying any dismantling.

Last edited by Bob_Ierardi; 11-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lost Credit Card in Center Console? Help!