Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Grand Caravan speedometer problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you have a power lift gate?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:15 PM
spike55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I do not have a power lift gate. I had replaced the latch assembly, with a part from a local scrap yard and the problem is still there. Periodically the latch clicks, as if it wants to open and close itself. The instrument cluster rear hatch open icon lights up also. Unless it was a faulty part from the scrap yard or should the computer be reset?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The cluster maybe okay, The problem could be a faulty part or a wire is grounding to the door. Try unplugging the latch and see if the problem is still there. If it is,then you may have a wiring problem with that curcuit.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
mario349
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2003 Grand Caravan and both the Tach and Speedo were pegged. The reset holding the odometer reset button worked perfect for me. Yes you do it with the KEY OFF and removed from ignition. Just hold button till you see some strange number letter combinations start appearing on the odometer and then let go of button. Let it complete all its gyrations of moving the speedo and tach to different positions, warning indicators will cycle on/off and when done the odometer will come back to normal.

Quick Reply: 2003 Grand Caravan speedometer problem