3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tipm

Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM
jnl230
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tipm

I have a 2011 3G Citadel with all the toys. Sadly after the 3rd trip to the dealer they now what to replace the TIPM which is on backorder for 3 weeks. So instead of having use of my car it is sitting at the dealer. My concern is that this is the start of having a problem truck, is this issue common? Should I dump this thing and move on?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I dont think so
Unfortunately these things happen, wifes TIPM went in her 08 Avenger R/t when it had 37K on the odometer. They replaced it and there have been no problems since.
Its basically a controls computer and just like the laptops and computers we use at home they can fail
STEVE

Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM
wildspeed
Professional

I have the TIPM replaced twice on my 2011 Crew, but at the end the TIPM harness was the problem not the TIPM itself.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jnl230
I have a 2011 3G Citadel with all the toys. Sadly after the 3rd trip to the dealer they now what to replace the TIPM which is on backorder for 3 weeks. So instead of having use of my car it is sitting at the dealer. My concern is that this is the start of having a problem truck, is this issue common? Should I dump this thing and move on?

Jnl230,

I'm sorry to hear about your TIPM concerns with your Citadel. Are there any updates on your repair or ETA for the part? It is never possible to predict the service requirements of a particular vehicle. As the manufacturer, we offer the assurance that there will be no hesitancy on our part to comply with the terms of your warranty, or to provide technical support to the dealer during repairs.

If you have any questions please PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 PM
jnl230

My Durango has been sitting at the dealership for a month waiting for a Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). The Chrysler supply chain is deplorable, funny how cars withn the same part can roll off the line while mine sits at the dealer. Chrysler will get my message on Tuesday have rented space on 4 digital billboards, cant wait to see my message in full color. The day the car is back i am done, great truck until you have an issue then trade it and run away fast.

A true complete disappointment, and Chrysler can put on a show but in truth they just dont care. Guess my 14 Chrysler products in a row just does not matter. Hello GM.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
safford197
Professional

My Durango has been sitting at the dealership for a month waiting for a Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). The Chrysler supply chain is deplorable, funny how cars withn the same part can roll off the line while mine sits at the dealer. Chrysler will get my message on Tuesday have rented space on 4 digital billboards, cant wait to see my message in full color. The day the car is back i am done, great truck until you have an issue then trade it and run away fast.

A true complete disappointment, and Chrysler can put on a show but in truth they just dont care. Guess my 14 Chrysler products in a row just does not matter. Hello GM.
I had a '04 VW Touareg years ago and when the dealer had to keep my ride for over a month not only did they rent me a car of equal class they paid one car payment for me. I had to twist their arm and speak to a couple service reps/managers but they did have a check cut to reimburse me for a car payment. Good luck!

Old 08-25-2013, 08:59 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been replaced 3 times. I've had my truck 1 year.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 AM
GizmoDurango
Veteran

I think my rear right TIPM is on the brink of going. What were your signs that it was about to go?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

???? Lol

Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Redux
Default Another TIPM Failure - No Parts Available

jnl230 - Would appreciate knowing if you were eventually able to secure a new TIPM, as it looks like I've joined this unwilling (but hardly exclusive) club. TIPM, part # RL692316AI, for my Gen III Citadel is not only expensive, but unavailable.

Chrysler has no ETA on availability for this part. Part suppliers show 800+ of this part on back-order as of 8/27/13 with no-known or expected ETA. Chrysler Customer Care can offer no suggestions.

Dealers and Independent shops all indicate that the TIPM is programmed upon installation by your specific vehicle's PCM with the specific characteristics and options unique to your VIN#. As such, no one seems to know of a way to re-program (re-flash) a used part once it has been initially flashed by the PCM in another vehicle, so used parts are out and we are at the mercy of a "no stock" "no alternate source" part.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? While TIPM failures vary, mine is affecting a non-critical part (Ha!), just power to the fuel pump.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tipm