3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

3.7L Exhaust

Old 09-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.7L Exhaust

Well my muffler is toast. Shop said It also has a crack in the Resonator pipe at the Y Pipe and figure it wont last long once the muffler is replaced because the pressure. they quoted me 480ish to replace it from the Y pipe back (Resonator Straight pipe and Muffler, Saving tail pipe)

I figured thats quite abit since they are also reusing the Tail pipe, and am trying to figure out where the "cat back" exhaust start since we have 2 before the Y pipe. Ive been thinking its from the Y pipe back.

Anyone else replace theirs? how hard is it todo yourself? or would it be best to have a shop install it? if so how much did it cost to have a shop do it.

On a side note, my rear brakes seem to be seizing up. How hard is it to replace them. (It might be my parking brake sticking has it has before but not this bad)

Heard something good here on the MBRP Exhaust, Dont want anything to loud.

*Looking at the MBRP and Magnaflow ones looks like its from the Y pipe back.* Shop quoted me a Walker muffler/Pipe

Last edited by Reject; 09-09-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Reject
Record Breaker

Flowmaster 17458 - Cat-back System - Single Side Exit, 3" Outlet - Force II
Shipped: $458

MBRP S5134AL - Cat Back, Single Side Exit, AL Installer Series Exhaust System (Gas)
Shipped, $422

MBRP S5134409 - Cat Back, Single Side Exit, T409 Stainless Steel XP Series Exhaust System (Gas)
Shipped, $524

Hard finding them online in Canada. I have to deal with ALOT of salt so Stainless might be alot better of a option for me i think. Even with the cost difference.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the Dynomax kit as well. That's what I run.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MBRP is sweet..definitely go aftermarket though whatever you do. However, I never heard MBRP on a V6 before

Old 09-09-2013, 03:45 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Reject
Flowmaster 17458 - Cat-back System - Single Side Exit, 3" Outlet - Force II
Shipped: $458

MBRP S5134AL - Cat Back, Single Side Exit, AL Installer Series Exhaust System (Gas)
Shipped, $422

MBRP S5134409 - Cat Back, Single Side Exit, T409 Stainless Steel XP Series Exhaust System (Gas)
Shipped, $524

Hard finding them online in Canada. I have to deal with ALOT of salt so Stainless might be alot better of a option for me i think. Even with the cost difference.
Those MBRP prices can be found cheaper... at least thats true in the States and for the V8 Cool Duals in T409 I paid 475 shipped to my house.

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 09-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Those MBRP prices can be found cheaper... at least thats true in the States and for the V8 Cool Duals in T409 I paid 475 shipped to my house.
Prices in the states are alot better, But Customs rapes me on most things that come out, unless the company has a broker.

For my brake issue, wasnt the brakes after all. All 5 lugs on my rear drivers side came so loose i could turn them by hand (when on a jack) and the Passenger side was loose aswell, but not as loose. Only thing I can come up with is someone was messing with my rims. Since I havnt had them off since summer started, and have tightened them afew times since then (wernt loose)

Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Reject
Record Breaker

Ordered the MBRP S5134409 -T409 Stainless Steel XP Series Exhaust System

Going to start the removal of my current system now atleast the tail pipe.
Anyone know if I remove it from the Y pipe will it cause a issue untill i get the new system? If I run nothing from the Y pipe back.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:43 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone know if I remove it from the Y pipe will it cause a issue untill i get the new system? If I run nothing from the Y pipe back.
The RCMP might have a discussion with you . . .

And maybe you will be without feedback from the O2 sensor (I think there is at least one after the Y-pipe).

Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 PM
BigHornToad
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, you're almost as geographically transport challenged as I am. I couldn't find any video clips of an MBRP on a 3.7 Dakota. Taking a chance on the Gibson SS single side out especially because got free Amazon shipping deal & crossing fingers they honor it. Woulda' stuck with a custom Borla install but I want to do this myself since on a masochistic streak lately Gimme dat low end burble.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Ordered the MBRP S5134409 -T409 Stainless Steel XP Series Exhaust System

Going to start the removal of my current system now atleast the tail pipe.
Nice! You'll love it I am sure. Sorry to hear about the rapings... lol You should be alright removing the back portion of the exhaust from the first bolted connection after the Y. Its about inline with doors. The O2s are closer to the engine and they shouldnt give you an issue. The MBRP will connect from the stock pipe. If you need anything, let me know. Mine, although a V8 was pretty simple to install besides the end tail pipe support connections, but I fixed that and told MBRP about it. I received some free apparel for it It shouldnt be much different though

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 09-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3.7L Exhaust