Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Is there a chance in Hell that Dodge brings back the Demon?
Yes, the Demon will be back in the Dodge lineup some day.
60.00%
No...the Demon wont be coming back. It would upset too many religious nutjobs.
40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Queston of the Week: Is there a chance in Hell that Dodge brings back the Demon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Queston of the Week: Is there a chance in Hell that Dodge brings back the Demon?

The Dodge Dart is expected to get a high performance package in the near future but will it be called the Dart SRT/SRT4 or could the company bring back the Demon name?

Click here to read more on this topic from the DF Front Page!

Attached Thumbnails Queston of the Week: Is there a chance in Hell that Dodge brings back the Demon?-demon-burnout.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:54 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not? Dodge needs more money-makers like the Dart and Charger.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Dodge is good at resurrecting names, sometimes they turn a muscle car into an anemic econobox though. I hope they do it justice if so.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM
captblasto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they bring it back,,, but will be built in mexico or can,,I can't buy anything built in any nonamerican plant ,,I grew up within a bike ride of the fenton plant now a dust bowel ,,security would let us set on the side of parking and watch the 69 and 70 road runners. super bees and such being staged to race ,,,to be parked usually side by side hole shots up mid second gear it was great fun to watch and bet by the sound they made of how good they would run while being parked. latter in life got a chance to build the mini van seats for 14 years and ram doors for 2 more. funny they blamed the workers for the product high cost ,,,but when the plants moved the prices never went down ,,,seems like they they should have,,,buts thats my 2cents,,loved that job...great people great times..

Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Unless its a better bodystyle (preferably a 2-door coupe, but 3 or 5 door hatch will work) then whats the point? Sedans blow ***. NO performance car should be limited to a sedan bodystyle as the only choice...Id go so far as to say performance sedans shouldn't even exist. But the Demon should be a 2-door coupe and/or 5 door hatch. Start it out with the 2.4 Tigershark engine on base models manual and auto options with basically the Caliber SRT-4 engine as an upgrade, mandatory manual trans and awd as an option. Slam dunk. To anyone who says a coupe wont sell...the Scion tC, Kia Forte Koup, Civic Si coupe, and Elantra coupe say your wrong. And those cars are all gutless turds in the performance department. A Demon coupe could sweep the market if it offers at least 265 hp stock, the right look and is an all around *** kicker.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:45 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You need a hotrod sedan these days to compete with the Germans such as BMW and Mercedes. I think the Charger should have been named Coronet or Satellite since they were available as a 4 door and save the Charger name for a 2 door coupe.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Originally Posted by lxman1
You need a hotrod sedan these days to compete with the Germans such as BMW and Mercedes. I think the Charger should have been named Coronet or Satellite since they were available as a 4 door and save the Charger name for a 2 door coupe.
You stole my idea on the Coronet/Satellite name for the sedan! Ive been saying that since day one. But I see your point and all...I think the 300 can fit that bill just fine. And Im not saying do away with the sedan with a Hemi, what Im saying is to stop painting it in bright colors and adding stripes/wings to it. It just looks stupid, and sedans by nature are supposed to be conservative and low key. Which is why I don't like the looks of them in the first place.

Personally I think that the first year for the LX was on the right track, in having the 300 (sedan) for Chrysler. Classy, muted paint jobs, luxury attitude but it has *****. The Magnum for Dodge, more utility and more attitude. I can TOTALLY get behind a muscle wagon with all the flash and attitude. The Challenger of course is the halo car of the bunch. A coupe with a little more wheelbase called the Fury would be the Chrysler version. A hardtop convertible version complete with hemi to replace the weak Sebring convertible of course.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by Jaded
Dodge is good at resurrecting names, sometimes they turn a muscle car into an anemic econobox though. I hope they do it justice if so.
Like...what?

Originally Posted by grungerockjeeper
the Scion tC, Kia Forte Koup, Civic Si coupe, and Elantra coupe say your wrong.
You didn't just base an argument using the Scion and Kia and Hyundai as examples, did you? All three are a joke.

Originally Posted by lxman1
Coronet or Satellite would absolutely not work today. Who wants to drive a 2013 Coronet? Nobody!

Charger is the perfect name for the new-gen 05+ Charger. Nothing else would work as a name. They could have recycled Intrepid I'm sure, but it's as much a Charger as any Charger from 66-74.

As for the Demon, no. I mean, it could happen, but it would have to be a nice smaller coupe/convertible platform. And styling would have to back it up as well as performance.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
Like...what?

You didn't just base an argument using the Scion and Kia and Hyundai as examples, did you? All three are a joke.

Coronet or Satellite would absolutely not work today. Who wants to drive a 2013 Coronet? Nobody!

Charger is the perfect name for the new-gen 05+ Charger. Nothing else would work as a name. They could have recycled Intrepid I'm sure, but it's as much a Charger as any Charger from 66-74.

As for the Demon, no. I mean, it could happen, but it would have to be a nice smaller coupe/convertible platform. And styling would have to back it up as well as performance.
I didn't say the Hyundai scion or kia were great cars. I said they were coupes and that they sold. Im hearing arguments that a small coupe wont sell in any numbers and Im saying it will. All 3 of those are fashion statements with nothing under the hood. If the Dart in coupe form can outstyle those and outperform other sport compacts then it would absolutely be worthy of the Demon name and it WILL sell. The hardware exists to make up near 300 hp stock. Dial in the suspension and at least offer awd and it will be a performance car significantly more affordable than the Challenger, and if its executed properly it could be its own prize, not just some 2nd place prize for someone who cant afford the Chally.

Why wouldn't the Coronet or Satellite name work? Who would drive a '13 Coronet? Someone who wants an American styled and flavored sedan. It has more clout than '13 Camry and that seems to sell ok. The Challenger is its own car, so the sedan named Coronet (Satellite is a bit better though) and styled like a sedan as opposed to a wannabe muscle car would be the bread and butter everyday ride with a 2-door coupe as the Charger R/T variant. I think theres absolutely a market for both the Challenger (dedicated high performance pony car) and Charger coupe (larger more practical fullsize muscle car) since both would be fairly different cars.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:15 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Problem is, they would steal buyers, the Challenger and a 2 door Charger, since they're built on the same platform. You're talking sales figures of about 45k last year for Charger, 23k for Challenger. There simply isn't enough sales volume to warrant another two door. None. Even if a two door Charger only stole 1/4 of Challenger sales, you're looking at 17k unit sales for Challenger. At what sales volume do they pull the plug?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...161195155.html

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'd rather have BOTH a two door Challenger and four door Charger in the model lineup than a two door Charger and no Challenger. The Charger name fits the four door body perfectly, it's a sporty sedan, especially in SRT form.

Coronet or Satellite, in my opinion, are too "old" for a current car.

Have any sales numbers comparing sedan and coupe versions for the Civic for instance? I bet comparatively, it's a small number. I can only find the model breakdown of 285k last year. http://www.autoworldnews.com/article...-see-chart.htm

Quick Reply: Queston of the Week: Is there a chance in Hell that Dodge brings back the Demon?