Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Any info on the twin turbo kit for SRT-4

Old 10-20-2005, 11:30 AM
ProjectNeon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on the twin turbo kit for SRT-4

I was just wandering if anyone had any info on the twin turbo kit setup for the SRT-4. Some pictures would be great also. Thanks!

Old 10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Gump
Record Breaker
Default RE: Any info on the twin turbo kit for SRT-4

i dont have any info on this set up but i just wanted to ask besides show factor why would you do this?

Old 10-20-2005, 01:33 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

there is no twin turbo kit for the srt. there was a photochop done once, maybe that's what you saw.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:39 PM
ProjectNeon

this would eliminate any turbo lag from having to use a bigger turbo. This setup is good for up to at least 500 Hp.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yea ok, i want to see this twin turbo set up. unless it's like twin T25's i don't think so. it's kinda retarded to put twins on that small of a motor. there are other ways to get spool that make a whole lot more sense than going through the hassle of a twin set up. that, and there's no room in these cars for two turbos unless they're dinky.

i know what it takes to do a twin turbo set up. it's not easy, and nothing i would ever bother to do on a srt. even with a gt35r on a srt spool is no later than about 4500, and a simple 35 shot to spool it if more than sufficent to over come the lag.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:58 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

And second off where in the hell would you put the second one?!!! Theres barely enough room for the one we have!

Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 AM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

I don't know about a Neon, but the new deal on deisel trucks besides EGR and cats now are sequential turbos. That's 2 turbos, a big and a small piggybacked. Small feeds the big. I'm starting to see these quite often. It could also be done on a Neon, but it would be very crowded and complex for only modest gain.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:59 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

sequential turbo set ups have been around for a long time. nothing new there. it's the same idea behind twin charging. you use the smaller turbo to spool the larger one. this allows for faster spool time and more top end. you can also run a larger turbo then you would normally since there's extra induciton to get it in motion. this makes more sense for an srt, but still nothing i would bother to attempt to do on these cars. it's a lot of time, tuning, and money for small gains.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any info on the twin turbo kit for SRT-4