Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Need help Please! 2002 dodge Stratus R/T losing antifreeze

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:26 AM
evoclarke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need help Please! 2002 dodge Stratus R/T losing antifreeze

Hi am hoping someone can help me...a couple weeks back, my 2002 dodge stratus temp gauge showed Hot and after cooling it down, i had to put about 3/4 gal of fluid directly into the radiator, and fill the resevoir. since that time, I am having to put coolant in the coolant tank every couple of days and the cap always seems to be off the tank, even though Ive checked to see its secure before I close the hood. I've found coolant leaking from a fitting that connects a hose to the bottom of the radiator but it doesnt do it all the time. Does anyone know what this fitting would be called and does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on with my car? Please and thank you much!

Old 09-14-2013, 11:13 AM
NH R/T
Amateur

new radiators are real cheap for these cars..it will leak when hot more than when cold

Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
scottiebsc

My neon did the exact same thing right before the water pump froze and snapped the timing belt. Needless to say I was out of a car after that.

Quick Reply: Need help Please! 2002 dodge Stratus R/T losing antifreeze