3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front end issues. due to level?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM
eng18ine
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end issues. due to level?

hello all,
so i leveled my 04 1500 about 9 months ago and im noticing that the front end is giving me some trouble. ofcourse i cheaped out and just cranked my keys up 2 inches.

both cv axles comming from the front differential are having issues. the driver side one is loose and wobbly. the passenger side is leaking a little bit.

the steering is starting to make noise mostly where it connects to the knuckle.

also sounds like the control arms are making some strange noises as they go up and down.

im not suprised things arnt doing too great. i expected this when i did a level but is this all just a nasty coincidence? or is this normal for leveling a truck with torsion keys. i also has aroundd 65k miles

Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Rkymtnh
Professional

Originally Posted by eng18ine
of course i cheaped out and just cranked my keys up 2 inches.
also sounds like the control arms are making some strange noises as they go up and down.
I did the same thing with my torsion keys on my '05 1500.
I have a clanking noise from my wheel bearing assembly (Hubs) going bad.
Are you sure the noise that you're getting is from the Hubs and not the control arms ?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
DirtyDodge812
Professional

The front ends are gonna have problems eventually no matter what, leveling it might just make them happen faster or more noticeable. On the front ends if it hasnt been done yet it would be smart to do the hub bearings, ball joints, tie rods, cv shafts, intermediate shafts, and outer diff seals. Its a pricey job but can all be done in the driveway with good tools and once done you never have to worry about it again. Well at least for a long time, it is a little early for your truck to be giving you problems but the sooner you fix it all the less problems youll be chasing down the road.

Quick Reply: front end issues. due to level?