3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2005 dodge 4.7 manifold

Old 12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I need some help with a '05 4.7 intake manifold

Hey guys, I've bought a 05 4.7 manifold but there is a 1-1.5" hole on the right side (from our view, left from the engine's), about 6" behind the TB. It looks as if a big hose or cap should have been there, but there is just a hole. Can any of yall show me a photo of what your manifold looks like and what goes there and any way I could plug it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Duncan

Last edited by Blacknights; 12-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacknights
Hey guys, I've bought a 05 4.7 manifold but there is a 1-1.5" hole on the right side (from our view, left from the engine's), about 6" behind the TB. It looks as if a big hose or cap should have been there, but there is just a hole. Can any of yall show me a photo of what your manifold looks like and what goes there and any way I could plug it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Duncan
Duncan, if you go to the sticky section of this forum, you'll find one that has a download link for a service manual. The engine section of that should have the manifold and show you what goes where. Usually more than enough pictorial info there as well as step-by-step instructions for removal & installation of stuff.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That is for the EGR Valve. ON the 05-11 there is a Copper tube with an insulating bung that would typically fill that hole. Depending on how the EGR valve is routed on your 01' it may or may not use that hole. If your engine is using another method, that hole may simply be plugged with an appropriate Piece of fitting. However should you decide to plug that hole, be sure that it is secure because if it leaks your Idle air control circuit will s*** bricks..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 dodge 4.7 manifold