1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango won't move..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Durango won't move..

2002 Durango SXT 4x4 545-RFE. A friend of mine has a similar truck to mine, just different trim, that's why I specified the specs on the truck. She parked it the other day, and went to use it the next day and it won't move. The gear selector runs thru all the gears, the cable moves, the fluids full, the display works but the truck won't move. I'm not too sure if the transmission actually engages the gear tho as I haven't been down to look at it yet. I'm just looking for some possibilities before I go slide under it and freeze my **** off as it's minus 27 Celsius here today...

Old 01-02-2014, 12:37 AM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

This thread can be deleted. Did some searching and found everything I need to know. Was hoping for a quick answer earlier before I went out in the cold and had done a few searches but couldn't find nothing.

Last edited by RockGuardedDak; 01-02-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was the resolution?

Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM
PublicHair
Banned

^dont you hate that ****. People post up questions. Then don't even say what the solution was. Even worse this tool has the ***** to come back here and say he found the solution and he's no longer looking for an answer.

..people I swear.

Anywho I was going to guess parking brake as enabled :-X

Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM
dxloat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No ****, total failure to communicate.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

No I haven't found the solution yet, way to make asses outta yourselves guys. I just figured from the lack of help that no one was interested. Lots of stuff in the FAQ for anyone willing to look.

As for the problem, I'll be going to look at it again tonight. Had it towed from the other end of the city out to the garage I work outta. Thawed it out, worked fine for a little, then went to use it today and it wouldn't engage again.

Why do you guys get so mad when people do things properly? Aren't we supposed to search before we post? I may still have posted, but was basically hoping I'd catch someone for a quick answer. Didn't happen, so I searched further later on, and found there was no need for this thread anymore. Why clutter the forums with stuff that's already on here? And if you read my last post before this one properly, the communication is quite clear and not once does it say I found the solution, it only says that I found what I needed to know!

This thread can be deleted. Did some searching and found everything I need to know. Was hoping for a quick answer earlier before I went out in the cold and had done a few searches but couldn't find nothing.
No ****, total failure to communicate.
Failure to read is more like it

EDIT:
For anyone that cares, this is what I found, right at the top of the forum, in Hydrashocker's "Tranmission Diagnostics" post.. This was all I needed to know..

NO DRIVE OR REVERSE (VEHICLE WILL NOT MOVE)
1. Fluid Level Low. 1. Add fluid and check for leaks if drive is restored.
2. Gearshift Linkage/Cable Loose/Misadjusted. 2. Inspect, adjust and reassemble linkage as needed. Replace worn/damaged parts.
3. U-Joint/Axle/Transfer Case Broken. 3. Perform preliminary inspection procedure for vehicle that will not move. Refer to procedure in diagnosis section.
4. Filter Plugged. 4. Remove and disassemble transmission. Repair or replace failed components as needed. Replace filter. If filter and fluid contained clutch material or metal particles, an overhaul may be necessary. Perform lube flow test. Flush oil. Replace cooler as necessary.
5. Oil Pump Damaged. 5. Perform pressure test to confirm low pressure. Replace pump body assembly if necessary.
6. Valve Body Malfunctioned. 6. Check and inspect valve body. Replace valve body (as assembly) if any valve or bore is damaged. Clean and reassemble correctly if all parts are in good condition.
7. Transmission Internal Component Damaged. 7. Remove and disassemble transmission. Repair or replace failed components as needed.
8. Park Sprag not Releasing - Check Stall Speed, Worn/Damaged/Stuck. 8. Remove, disassemble, repair.
9. Torque Converter Damage. 9. Inspect and replace as required.

Last edited by RockGuardedDak; 01-04-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Originally Posted by RockGuardedDak
Originally Posted by RockGuardedDak
No I haven't found the solution yet, way to make asses outta yourselves guys. I just figured from the lack of help that no one was interested. Lots of stuff in the FAQ for anyone willing to look.

As for the problem, I'll be going to look at it again tonight. Had it towed from the other end of the city out to the garage I work outta. Thawed it out, worked fine for a little, then went to use it today and it wouldn't engage again.

Why do you guys get so mad when people do things properly? Aren't we supposed to search before we post? I may still have posted, but was basically hoping I'd catch someone for a quick answer. Didn't happen, so I searched further later on, and found there was no need for this thread anymore. Why clutter the forums with stuff that's already on here? And if you read my last post before this one properly, the communication is quite clear and not once does it say I found the solution, it only says that I found what I needed to know!

Failure to read is more like it

Really? You tell us to lock the thread, found everything you needed, yada yada. Then you feed us this stupid bull**** post?

Enjoy your easter egg hunt, not helping you on this one. Because I’m an ***. And that’s what asses do to make asses out of ourselves.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Really? You tell us to lock the thread, found everything you needed, yada yada. Then you feed us this stupid bull**** post?

Enjoy your easter egg hunt, not helping you on this one. Because I’m an ***. And that’s what asses do to make asses out of ourselves.
You guys asked for what I knew. Not me

Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok you guys need to tone it back before a moderator gets involved. This is ridiculous how you guys reacted.
Rock-you gave this thread not even 12 hrs on new years day and expected answers then implied that, or at least it seems even if you didn't mean it that way, that you found a solution.
Public-Didn't need to jump on him like that, kensai's response was more appropriate.
dx- well you really just agreed with publics response, not too nit pick but came off a little angry/annoyed.

As for the topic at hand pm MasterTech he's the tranny guru. Sounds like an electrical issue though. I would check the connector at the trans for corrosion or ice, especially if it was recently in wet roads. Idk if winnipeg uses salt but minnesota does and believe me I will never buy a minnesota vehicle. ND and SD don't use salt (for the most part) so we don't see the electrical corrosion and damage that minnesota does. If I was more familiar with the 545 and 45 I would have some idea on what's going on.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:45 AM
RockGuardedDak
All Star

Originally Posted by adukart
Ok you guys need to tone it back before a moderator gets involved. This is ridiculous how you guys reacted.
Rock-you gave this thread not even 12 hrs on new years day and expected answers then implied that, or at least it seems even if you didn't mean it that way, that you found a solution.
Public-Didn't need to jump on him like that, kensai's response was more appropriate.
dx- well you really just agreed with publics response, not too nit pick but came off a little angry/annoyed.

As for the topic at hand pm MasterTech he's the tranny guru. Sounds like an electrical issue though. I would check the connector at the trans for corrosion or ice, especially if it was recently in wet roads. Idk if winnipeg uses salt but minnesota does and believe me I will never buy a minnesota vehicle. ND and SD don't use salt (for the most part) so we don't see the electrical corrosion and damage that minnesota does. If I was more familiar with the 545 and 45 I would have some idea on what's going on.
I posted based on the people I saw online at that exact moment at the bottom of the forum hoping one of them would answer. But regardless, I wouldn't call my reaction an over reaction. It was merely an explaination. If it came off the wrong way, well, that's beyond my control.

But for the problem, we changed the line pressure sensor today and it helped a little. The truck engaged gears almost everytime. But we're getting P0731 for gear one, but we figure it has to do with the fact that we can't get proper line pressure throughout. Tomorrow we are gunna do a filter kit, and if that doesn't work, we will just drop the tranny and put our spare in for now until we finish overhauling the one with issues.

And yea Winnipeg uses salt. Lots of it. On top of that we've been going from deep freeze to warm, back to deep freeze just to have it snow just after everything freezes back up. This winter has been brutal on our vehicles.

Quick Reply: Durango won't move..