1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Tax Return inspired mods

Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tax Return inspired mods

Since tax season is here, I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone is planning on spending their tax returns on their Durangos. Personally, I am really being tempted to get the F1 Arigap intake, but am trying to convince myself out of it. Its a big chunk of change, but I think would make a good base for other mods. If not, I will just get the plenum fix and replace my timing set while i am in there, along with a few other things I have been putting off.

Anybody got any big plans?

Old 02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
gvsu4msu
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly....any upgrades to my DD have to come out of my "designer money" account. "The Boss" would prefer that the Tax $ be used to either pay off her car, pay down the CC, or pay for a new furnace we will need someday. It has been around since Reagan was in office.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:25 PM
AppelH
Captain

nothing wrong with paying off debt. Luckily both our cars are payed off, one of the benefits of not needing the latest and greatest. I am surprised I got the go ahead to spend a bit on it, but wont complain

Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM
slidinsideways06
Rookie

Not really mods, but two new rear tires and a front differential assembly. Pretty much all the car needs to be back in fully operational (and possibly selling) order. Possibly a fluid flush in the next couple months and maybe just treat myself to a catback system. With the potential new job I'm getting it could be done with a combination of my tax return and a few hard earned dollars.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by slidinsideways06
Not really mods, but two new rear tires and a front differential assembly. Pretty much all the car needs to be back in fully operational (and possibly selling) order. Possibly a fluid flush in the next couple months and maybe just treat myself to a catback system. With the potential new job I'm getting it could be done with a combination of my tax return and a few hard earned dollars.
Why a catback system if planning to sell? The systems are spendy arnt they, and wont add much to resale?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:16 AM
slidinsideways06
Rookie

Thats if i decide to keep it. Love the truck, hate the mileage. I'm averaging 13mpg and my commute one way is 14. I'm burning a little over 2 gallons a day. If I had the 2000 then I would have leaned towards keeping it and did the jeep mod.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
asphaltwarrior1
Rookie

Not mods, but rather upgrades. Tires ,shocks, brakes, and more then likely oil change and trans flush and differential and transfer drain and fill.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
wes_wes101
Rookie

Pretty sure I have a weak valve spring that's making my D burn oil, so I'd like to get that fixed if I can. If not, then maybe new shocks, cause mine might be getting old, and some 2" shackles if I can figure out what size front spring spacers should be to match.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tax Return inspired mods